HelloFresh Trying To Charge Me After Dispute Refund

iming-90
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Paypal Community,

I ordered a HelloFresh Box which I immediately cancelled (in less than 15 mins after ordering). The Box was cancelled before the ordering deadline.

Despite this, HelloFresh charged me for the Box.

I issued a Dispute on Paypal which closed in my favour.

Now HelloFresh is asking me by e-mail to pay for the already refunded amount as I "owe" them.

I have seen a similar case in the Paypal community in the archives from @paterson37  in which HelloFresh then also tried to charge an additional dunning fee for "being in debt" with them. Unfortunately I cannot comment anymore on that post to ask how that got solved. 

Does anyone had this situation with HelloFresh? How did this work out in the end?

Thank you in advance and have a good day

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Sean

Hello @iming-90, thank you for posting.

As you had a claim that was closed in your favour. This is a final decision and no other charges should be charged or held on your account with PayPal. If the seller wishes to appeal a claim, we will review this claim with the seller only.

As HelloFresh is asking you by email to pay for the already refunded amount, this is outside of PayPal and you usually wouldn't be liable to pay another amount after a claim has closed. 

I hope this helps,

- Sean

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Sean

Hello @iming-90, thank you for posting.

As you had a claim that was closed in your favour. This is a final decision and no other charges should be charged or held on your account with PayPal. If the seller wishes to appeal a claim, we will review this claim with the seller only.

As HelloFresh is asking you by email to pay for the already refunded amount, this is outside of PayPal and you usually wouldn't be liable to pay another amount after a claim has closed. 

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

iming-90
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks! This does help
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.