Held over 180days

stephy0224
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys , PayPal is held my acc over 180days , how can I claim my money bck? Cuz is was hold on 2020/10 and now 2021/03/30 , emailed to PayPal but no one reply.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Temp20210330K
New Community Member

We've had 3 accounts be put.on hold back in june of 2020. 1 for 756.00 1 for 585 and 1 for 3626 we have gotten the first 2 back. However after 7 months of waiting and finding out that paypal notifies its parent bank(wells fargo) that the acct # attached to our accounts is being terminated due to a permeant limitation and that the bank terminates the account withing 30 days which per wells fargo policy it the releases all funds in the acount to its account holder at the end of the 30 days. Which means paypal is illegally holding our money. Well upon finding that out we filed a lawsuit and on 12-08-20 our suit was filed with the court sustem at which pooint the 3626 was again limited which makes no sense since we were told on 06-30-20 thay we.couldnt usr paypal services ever again. Welk when the email came that the funds were now available for withdraw we called cuatomer service.just to be informed that because of the lawsuit we couldnt touch our money. Hmm well **bleep** that so i invite all who have had similar incidences reach out to us <removed> and join us in our lawsuit a class action could really hurt them please don attempt to gi at it aline it took alit of beging and pleading to find a lawyer willing to take our case.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

Temp20210330K
New Community Member

We've had 3 accounts be put.on hold back in june of 2020. 1 for 756.00 1 for 585 and 1 for 3626 we have gotten the first 2 back. However after 7 months of waiting and finding out that paypal notifies its parent bank(wells fargo) that the acct # attached to our accounts is being terminated due to a permeant limitation and that the bank terminates the account withing 30 days which per wells fargo policy it the releases all funds in the acount to its account holder at the end of the 30 days. Which means paypal is illegally holding our money. Well upon finding that out we filed a lawsuit and on 12-08-20 our suit was filed with the court sustem at which pooint the 3626 was again limited which makes no sense since we were told on 06-30-20 thay we.couldnt usr paypal services ever again. Welk when the email came that the funds were now available for withdraw we called cuatomer service.just to be informed that because of the lawsuit we couldnt touch our money. Hmm well **bleep** that so i invite all who have had similar incidences reach out to us <removed> and join us in our lawsuit a class action could really hurt them please don attempt to gi at it aline it took alit of beging and pleading to find a lawyer willing to take our case.

Login to Me Too

stephy0224
Contributor
Contributor
But now my problem is I had all my details send to PayPal , they didn’t accepted my account, is this possible to request again?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stephy0224 

Sounds as if you have only waited 150 days and so won't get the email until 180?

If it is 180 days then contact them for an update on release?

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210330K 

Paypals user agreement has been legally agreed by the regulators in every country in the world it offers its services in so yes they can LEGALLY hold your funds for 180 days.

That is because its the same time frame that buyers have to raise disputes on a transaction, if they do then the funds are there for paypal to refund those buyers.

As for your class action suit sadly won't ever happen >>>

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

however you can of course take on paypals lawyers yourself with a private law suit.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Reza20
Contributor
Contributor
Hi PayPal held my money which is 85k with no reasons. This is money which all my friends donated to take care of some people who need medical care such as kidney transplant. PayPal put people in serious danger as those people can not wait 180 days and they need to receive this money. Anyone know how can I get this money back? Thanks for helping me on this horrible days
Login to Me Too

09allen
New Community Member
Me too I can't withdraw my funds it's over 180 days since June 2021, and I can't even contact the PayPal anyone can help me?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.