Hawalili Scam

LCBENZ
Contributor
Contributor

After receiving many advertisements from this vendor, mostly selling Hawaiian style shirts for men (I live in Florida where they are a staple garment), I decided to purchase a few items. The pricing was right and the styles attractive. However, when I went to the shopping cart I noticed that shipping costs were somewhat excessive, but I dismissed it as just part of the overall pricing policy. Reluctantly, I didn’t do an internet search on the vendor to gauge the experience of other buyers. When I did, after the actual purchase, I was not pleased:

- The apparel “shop” is actually in China

- It appears that garments are not even made until you place an order, and after your PayPal account is charged (a violation of Visa/MC rules)

- The high shipping costs represent air freight from China to the U.S.

- The site seems to employ an army of internet trolls posting phony “reviews” online to counter their selling practices 

- Three weeks later, nothing received

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

charmaine19
Contributor
Contributor

thank you all. i was ready to oder a shirt an obvious Roy Rogers knockoff that popped up on ESPN baseball scoreboard. when I googled the name and found all these horrible experiences

Login to Me Too

Cups
Contributor
Contributor
Buyer beware Lucky I only bought 1 shirt. But they sent the wrong shirt. Now I keep getting blown off from my emails. Run run away very fast
Login to Me Too

Markiewayne

Go with Amazon, I will never stray again. Geez, what a hassle for such a cheapi shirt. 

Login to Me Too

juandoe1
New Community Member

I'm glad I checked this before checking out.  Definitely fishy to have all the reviews coming from a gmail address, that is what tipped me off.

Login to Me Too

HaightMale
Contributor
Contributor

Hawalili.com is indeed a major scam. I ordered two shirts. They only took about two weeks longer than indicated. But I also didn't realize they were coming from China. Whatever. $48 for two shirts and shipping was not too bad.

The problem came when I looked at the shirts. First of all, they screamed "Cheap Material!" and "Cheaply Made". Never mind. The first shirt fit okay, but had a broken top button right on the front. Only half the button was there! Very noticeable, impossible to hide. And no extra buttons were attached to the shirt anywhere. So that one was going back. Second shirt was ridiculously small. Even though I ordered both shirts in the same size, and the first one fit fine, I got out my tape measure and the second shirt was about a size and a half smaller in all dimensions than what their "size chart" on the website indicated it should measure. So second shirt going back also.

I had remembered that the customer had to pay for return shipping, but I figured I'd swallow hard and eat that cost. Little did I know that return shipping to China for these two lightweight shirts would cost $28!!!  They did refund the original $48 purchase price, but only after I waited a month and then disputed the charge directly with my VISA bank. But I nevertheless ended up out the return shipping of $28 and ended up with no merchandise.

Stay far away from the Chinese hawalili.com!  Their merchandise is defective and misrepresented, and you'll never come out ahead any way you slice it.

Login to Me Too

generalartstore
Contributor
Contributor

It certainly is a scam.  Here is how they work. Order $79 and get free shipping. One or two items come quick and are correct. However, shirts are paper thin and poor quality. The rest come separately weeks later and are too small and mislabeled. You MUST send them back to China for a refund. Or you can get their fantastic deal of 15% of your money back. Gripe a little and it will go to 25% and you can keep your kids sized cloths. Don't give up! If you payed by Paypal file a dispute and clearly state your case about their scam. Paypal now has a program were you can get up to $30 shipping back if you are disastisfied with your purchase. Enroll in it PRIOR to filing your dispute. They would rather close your case in your favor than pay the $30 towards return shipping to China. Their paypal account is called Newfashion registered to Pan Huiling. If you have been taken by their scam and are now reading this review... do NOT give up and take their settlement... file a dispute with Paypal and stick with it until you win your case. Offer to send it back to China if Paypal pays the $30. In the end, I won and threw their garbage into the trash. Don't be fooled by all the positive reviews. I am sure a lot are mostly fake! I wish I could give them zero stars.  Thank you Paypal for doing the right thing!

Login to Me Too

realdeal57

My boss saw this ad on his AOL Mail page. It kept popping up, and he liked the way the shirts looked. I tried to warn him, but he was insistent. He picked out 3 shirts and I ordered them for him. Two of the shirts did show up, but took a couple of months. The other is lost somewhere in transit, and they will not reship or refund the cost of the shirt. I've emailed them many times already, but keep getting the same response from them. They won't refund the money or reship the shirt until the original arrives back at the shipper's warehouse. The shirts are also not a cotton blend as advertised. They are some kind of polyester or nylon material. The two shirts he got do fit him okay, but I get the impression that he's just so-so about them.

That all being said, why do sites like AOL and Facebook continue to let these obviously scam sites advertise???

Login to Me Too

temp20211129c
Yes I have verified that this is NOT paypal...irs a SCAM SITE!!! SICK PEOPLE WHO ARE NON PRODUTIVE MEMBERS OF SOCIETY! LOOSERS.
Login to Me Too

LA_Jake
Contributor
Contributor

I don’t believe you.  Probably a fake account created by Hawalili.  This is the only post or comment from this fake account

Login to Me Too

Chicovb
New Community Member

I contacted them via their “chat” and found out no one works there (except the person you are chatting with).  They also don’t have a number to call or an email that isn’t their “customer service “ email that no one responds to or looks at.  DEFINITELY A SCAM COMPANY.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.