Hawalili Scam

LCBENZ
Contributor
Contributor

After receiving many advertisements from this vendor, mostly selling Hawaiian style shirts for men (I live in Florida where they are a staple garment), I decided to purchase a few items. The pricing was right and the styles attractive. However, when I went to the shopping cart I noticed that shipping costs were somewhat excessive, but I dismissed it as just part of the overall pricing policy. Reluctantly, I didn’t do an internet search on the vendor to gauge the experience of other buyers. When I did, after the actual purchase, I was not pleased:

- The apparel “shop” is actually in China

- It appears that garments are not even made until you place an order, and after your PayPal account is charged (a violation of Visa/MC rules)

- The high shipping costs represent air freight from China to the U.S.

- The site seems to employ an army of internet trolls posting phony “reviews” online to counter their selling practices 

- Three weeks later, nothing received

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

LA_Jake
Contributor
Contributor
Where did you see it advertised? The conduits for this scam should be identified and held accountable
Login to Me Too

Hopkins503

I've seen it many times on Youtube. I got sucked into a Facebook post for Artistic prints, same scam, beautiful pictures totally wrong sizes, not a thread of cotton in this polyester junk.  only got part of order. fought and got a refund from credit card. 

Login to Me Too

LA_Jake
Contributor
Contributor
Where did you see it advertised? The conduits of this scam need to be identified and held accountable
Login to Me Too

Burnell1

I conducted transaction number 2PC72902[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]in the amount of $100.91 for 5 shirts that were then shipped from China. I returned 3 of the shirts according to the rules of the seller in July 2021. The package was returned to my house (in the US) in February 2022 with an indication that it was refused. Although the original transaction was more the 6 months old, I disputed the transaction with Paypal. Because the package was refused by the seller and took months to be shipped back to me, Paypal claimed it was beyond their six-month limit. Paypal did not lay any accountability to the seller for refusing the returned product. If a Chinese company realizes this fact, than they can use that to their advantage and continue to refuse packages of returned products from US buyers. And, Paypal will not compensate those US Buyers. These are the circumstances for my invoice number HBBFF00066853.3511: I will refrain from any future purchases whereby the shipping instructions dictate a return address in China.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, thanks for posting to our Community! I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble with a purchase being outside our dispute window. While we do recommend working with the merchant to resolve an issue with a purchase, filing a dispute at that time will also help to ensure that we're able to help if something goes wrong. We do keep track of merchant complaints, whether we can dispute a transaction or not, and if we see a pattern of activity that is inconsistent with our company values and policy, we do remove those parties from our platform. I'm sorry things worked out this way, but I hope that helps to clarify how we work.

Login to Me Too

samsj
Contributor
Contributor

So how many complaints before you guys FINALLY stop doing business with these crooks?

Login to Me Too

Temp20220730G

stop doing business with them

Login to Me Too

Fcolligan
New Community Member
Count me as another person suckered in by this "company's" Hawaiian shirt ads on Facebook. Last time I ever buy by clicking a link in Facebook. Like others, it took 6+ weeks to get only half my order, from China. I ordered a size larger (5x) than I normally wear. What I did receive was barely a size Large! Quality was cheap, thin, almost see-through material. Ridiculous. I am going to just take the loss and learn my lesson. Believe everything you read here and avoid this company! Companies like this are a plague on online retail.
Login to Me Too

chaz31
New Community Member

totally agree.  I don't get scammed very often.  this one got me  ordered4 shirts. 1 was good.  3 were junk.  i turned ithem into a donation.  not even good enough to use as a cleaning rage.  material was not cotton.  it's cheap thin nylon.  ridiculous.  shame on anyone who allows them to adveritse.  this is a one hundred percent scammer..  don't even think about ordering.  they will disappoint you

Login to Me Too

Disgruntled12
Contributor
Contributor

I learned another lesson.  I thought paypal was a preferred place to make a payment but I have learned credit cards are safer.  Paypal isn't what I thought it was.  I won't be using it again for making any payments. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.