Have I been scammed?

Marie_2102
New Community Member

I have sold a iPhone XR on Facebook and the women has asked me to pay via PayPal. I sent the parcel off after I got an email saying they I received a payment and would receive this once I have uploaded tracking details. So I did this and got another email saying that the buyer has confirmed tracking details and the money will be credited in my account within 4-5 hours, it’s been 8 hours and I still have not got this payment on my balance and I can’t see it as a pending payment... HELP

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

If you go directly to www.paypal.com and log in to your account, do you see a payment showing up in your Activity Log?  

If not, then no payment ever happened, and the email(s) you received were fake.  Unfortunately, in this case, if you delivered the phone already you'll have a very hard time getting it back.  Without any actual PayPal transaction they can't help at all, of course.

If you do see the transaction there then you can click into the details of it and get some info about why it's pending.

Hopefully it's there!  Here's a video with more info about this scam if you're interested in learning more about it.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.