Has my account been hacked?

angelx717
Contributor
Contributor
I'm not sure if someone is accessing my account or not. But a couple weeks ago I noticed a device named 'p3q' was under my recent logged in devices. I only access PP from web mobile, the app and sometimes from my laptop. I figured maybe it was my laptop. Sometime before or after discovering that 'p3q' PP asked me to change my password (I know it's legit because it asked me to when I tried to login directly into the website; didn't do this through email), due to 'suspicious activity'. So I updated my password. Placed in two security questions and have an authentication app in place. For a whole week - no more p3q. Now today, during a time I know for a fact I did not login...it shows p3q logged in. Is this someone accessing my account? Is it something else? What could p3q stand for? Other than seeing the p3q login, no other suspicious activity on my account.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @angelx717

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear there's been some concern over potential unauthorized activity. After some research, I wasn't able to find any connections between PayPal and anything dubbed 'p3q'. Changing your password and security questions is certainly the best course of action we would recommend in these situations. If needed, we may recommend updating your email address as well if the activity continues. 

Good luck! My apologies for any inconvenience this may present, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.