Has anyone noticed the lack of customer service from PayPal?

ReverendJay
Contributor
Contributor

The Seller provided two tracking numbers (both were bogus);  item never arrived and charges were disputed;  because the seller provided tracking numbers customer service closed the case and I'm **bleep**.  Neither shipment arrived;  both tracking numbers provided an address that were not mine;  USPS confirmed that the tracking numbers were bogus and this was a fraud case.  I've been ripped off by a scammer and PayPal would not do anything to resolve it.  Absolutely horrible customer service and I will close my account (I've already removed payment information).

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

ReverendJay
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently still happening.;

Login to Me Too

Sandradistopia6
Contributor
Contributor
I have similar situation...but I didn't know at the beginning that I'll be scammed in the end. So the situation, I sold my usdt in okx platform to one guy. This guy needed to send me the money to PayPal, which he did, but i couldn't access the money, later he made a case, where he was first asking for 0.01€ refund. PayPal was solving this case long. In the end the cases favour came to my side. And then last night , this guy changed case to unauthorized access, so from my already limited account this money went back to him plus I have to pay fees also. I uploaded all the screenshots, absolutely everything possible, .. it's classic scam movement, atleast what I red in Google, but I'm not okay with this! This person stole from me almost 1k € . And PayPal is not doing anything. First time something like that happens to me. And the ridiculous part is, I wrote to this guy in email, which is shown in PayPal, and he answered, that I'm stealing from him, and that in Ukraine is war, how I have no shame to write him about the money. When clearly he owes me that money. I'll never use PayPal after this.
Login to Me Too

wpsr
Contributor
Contributor

There is really no customer service when you open a disput

Login to Me Too

reedg7
Contributor
Contributor

I am not from America so it would be difficult for me to ring a USA only number if I was in dispute.  Is it true that you cannot get any support from @askpaypal on twitter or on facebook and only by telephone?

I see so many posts about this fake tracking number loophole dating back years on this forum.  Has PayPal not closed this loophole yet?

Login to Me Too

marcus_o_connor
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely awful...telling me in debt of 800 but 978 was taken from my bank account on Monday.. Customer support all week has been well and truly appalling
Login to Me Too

ReverendJay
Contributor
Contributor

Truly awful Customer Service!  PayPal provided zero assistance and it is clear that they do not vet vendors.  My case was a rip-off from the beginning and even after giving documentation from the United States Postal Service indicating that it was FRAUD, PayPal did nothing.  My card company eventually credited my account for the $98.   I no longer use PayPal for anything, the convenience is not worth the aggregation.  

Login to Me Too

DisguntedUser

I have the same problem in reverse.  My account was hacked with the email and phone # being changed to someone else's info.  That **bleep** sold items to people, collected payments and transferred the money from my account to his bank account. This all happened since May of 2022.  I have not used PayPal since January to make any purchases (besides my .99 per month for iCloud). I have spoken to 4 people at PayPal and they have done nothing, while agreeing that my account was hacked.  The last moron told me to go online to dispute he transaction. Well, because some of those transactions were "resolved", you cannot dispute them. I'm waiting for a call back for a 5th person.  I'm asking for a manager and threatening with a law suit. I can't even cancel my account because they think I owe them money. 

Login to Me Too

n0rg
Contributor
Contributor

I was hoping to e-mail PayPal / Synchrony directly, but wound up here.  I got a letter telling me my e-mail was invalid (which isn't true).  So I called th[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]and holy [bleep]! First the bot wants to verify who I am - cool.  Then asks about my account transactions - I say "skip it".  Then the PoS goes ahead and reads ALL the data that I didn't want. Then it goes on to current transactions.  Finally, it asks what I REALLY want and I say "customer service". Then, ah-ah-ah- np can do.  I need more info.  Thankfully, my e-mail statement got me to a REAL CSR after 7min.  What a PoS front-end.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.