Has anyone noticed the lack of customer service from PayPal?

ReverendJay
Contributor
Contributor

The Seller provided two tracking numbers (both were bogus);  item never arrived and charges were disputed;  because the seller provided tracking numbers customer service closed the case and I'm **bleep**.  Neither shipment arrived;  both tracking numbers provided an address that were not mine;  USPS confirmed that the tracking numbers were bogus and this was a fraud case.  I've been ripped off by a scammer and PayPal would not do anything to resolve it.  Absolutely horrible customer service and I will close my account (I've already removed payment information).

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ReverendJay 

Do you actually still want advice then or are you just telling us you are going to close your account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ReverendJay
Contributor
Contributor
I would like advice on how to recoup my loss, please.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ReverendJay 

Paypal is just a payment processor that gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection.
So disputes for non receipt of item are mostly automated. Seller provides tracking that shows delivery = seller wins.
So then its your turn to do some work to assist Paypal in recovering your purchase price from your seller. You need to work the system and persevere...

Firstly ring Paypal customer services and tell them that the number is fake or that the item was shown as shipped before you purchased it. With that information they may well just issue you a refund.

Secondly if they don't then... APPEAL
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tlreedqcy
New Community Member

I would like advice on what to do as I have the SAME situation.  I TRIED to contact the seller with the email that was provided with no answers.  The website is not available anymore.  I want some action done to this seller.  What can be done?

Leanne

Login to Me Too

ReverendJay
Contributor
Contributor

Your recourse is to file a dispute with your credit card company.  PayPal appears to only support the Seller in disputes even when definitive proof of fraud is submitted.  I've already removed payment information from my PayPal account and will only now go through my credit card company (who will ultimately assist you).

In my case, the Product never arrived even after the Seller provided a tracking number from USPS.  After several days, I contacted the seller and was given a second tracking number.  Again, the USPS Post Master indicated that this was a scam and the tracking numbers given were used over and over again by the Seller.  I emailed that fraudulent documentation to PayPal and my claim was denied as PayPal sided with the Seller.  I lost all faith and trust in PayPal and will not be using them going forward.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ReverendJay 

So you didn't bother to take my advice and phone customer services which has worked for loads of folks previously with the same issue?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ReverendJay
Contributor
Contributor

I will hunt for a phone number today, thank you.

Login to Me Too

reedg7
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am looking through some of the paypal community posts to see what traps there are for buyers as I am looking to make some purchases using my paypal account.

Is it true that PayPal has taken down it's support process for filing an appeal for fake tracking numbers?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

post edited, advice removed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.