Has anyone had their account permanently suspended with no reason?

Zboulerice
New Community Member

I am not a seller on venmo and use this app for bill splitting. There's no appeal process and no one on the phones has been able to help. I looked through my transactions to see what could have broken their terms of use and it is literally just like pizza and nintendo service stuff. I am floored that I got permanently banned and the company can't even give me a direct reason. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zboulerice 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary....in other words they do not give you an exact reason, they just direct you to the user agreement or acceptable use policy. I guess having a reason wouldn't make any difference if they have permanently banned you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20210924H
New Community Member

My account got permanently deleted just because I sent money to my own parents and paypal has the worst customer service. Im sorry for the word but this is just BS

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.