Has anyone had any experience of a Company called SPOKEO taking unauthorised payments

1410June
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone else had any experience of a Company called SPOKEO taking payments you havent subscribed to. I can see from Trust Pilot the reviews are very unfavourable. I had never heard of this Company until this week when I noticed a payment go out for $26.95. I complained to SPOKEO and they refunded some of it but I dont find this acceptable and when I raised a complaint in resolution centre I was advised it wasnt an unauthorised transaction so wasnt cover by the purchase guarantee. How can it not be an unauthorised transaction if I didnt do it !!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Kesling1
Contributor
Contributor

Just had the same thing happen to me, different company and it was for a monthly subscription.  Luckily I noticed and cancelled it but the first payment has gone out.  Same thing with PayPal, saying it’s not an unauthorised transaction.  I thought they usually sided with the buyer.  Did you get any further with PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Winton275
New Community Member

I made a similar complaint about Spokeo to PayPal..

I have now received this notification: “To continue with our investigation, we need more information. Please provide details as to the extent of the damage to the item, or clearly explain how your item significantly differs from the item advertised.”

How can I provide the details requested when the issue involved is a payment that I have not authorised for a service that I did not ask for?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.