Has anyone come across Digital Tech sending invoices for $499?

KathrynW1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, had an email claiming that an invoice is waiting to be paid from a company claiming to be Digital Tech. Partial content below.

Digital Tech sent you an invoice for $499.00 USD

Due on receipt

View and Pay Invoice

Note from Digital Tech

Thank you for your Subscription for ultimate pro total protection. €499. 22 has been successfully debited from your account . We are there to help you 24x7. If you want to cancel this subscription calls us immediately at [removed]

is this Phishing? checking my account, the invoice has nothing visible to read. 

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

Divadi1
Contributor
Contributor

I just received one this morning from Pamela [removed] (Pamela [removed]) from West Virginia for Ultimate Prototal Protection in the amount of $499.30. I assume it is phishing. If I simply ignore it, will the invoice eventually be removed from my PayPal account? 

Login to Me Too

Alihoopla
Contributor
Contributor

A couple days ago I had an invoice from Brice [removed] from Beaumont Texas with DigiTech for $499.33. And that as the same amount that I had paid 2 days before to a wholesale vender through the Faire website. 

I went into my account and canceled the invoice.

Login to Me Too

reyesthegreates
Contributor
Contributor
how do you cancel the invoice?
Login to Me Too

Alihoopla
Contributor
Contributor
When I went to the PayPal website and logged on I opened up the invoice and there was a button that said cancel or cancel transaction or something like that. I just logged on because I wanted to give you a better answer but I don’t have any open invoices, so I’m not exactly certain where the cancel button was.
Login to Me Too

LL2013
Contributor
Contributor

It's frustrating.  Mine is from the name below.  I'm disappointed with PayPal for showing an invoice, have a button to "pay now", when trying to cancel, the page then is not found.  And no place to contact customer service for removal or have the option to cancel the invoice.  It's like we are sitting ducks, waiting to see if the scammer will somehow get their invoice paid.  Not good PayPal, step up your customer service.

$ Transaction type: INVOICE 
Amount: $499.30 
Transaction creation date: April 11, 2022 
Sent to: JENNIFER  [Removed]

Login to Me Too

Alihoopla
Contributor
Contributor

To cancel the invoice go to your desktop or iPad internet account. I wasn’t able to find a way to cancel it from the app.

go to your PayPal page marked “Dashboard”.

On the right side, part way down that page you will see a section marked “Recent Activity”.

Under recent activity, there will be a listing of a few transactions, instead of pressing on an individual transaction, press the link that is marked, “See All”.

Under the list of transactions, there should be choices to either “Pay Invoice” or “Cancel” under each transaction.

Press “Cancel”.

That will bring you to another page, where you need to press “Cancel” one more time.

I am attaching screenshots.

47349EF1-3EAD-42EE-BE4C-795D779F85E4.jpegA6D0020D-A46D-4DF8-92DA-64E5EA800035.jpeg611545E8-4092-4306-992B-3C9DF35B9CE1.jpeg

Login to Me Too

Mausee87

This is EXACTLY what I needed to know!  Thank you!  Paypal was zero help - the automated phone system is a joke! 

Combatting fraud with the help of the superheroes of the Community Page! 

Login to Me Too

StoneyPA
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Alihoopla!!! PayPal Support was basically useless and incompetent in helping me do this.  Still have two invoices that I can't cancel as they just take me to a "Something's not right" error screen, but thank you so much!

Login to Me Too

Barcelona789
New Community Member
NOTES
Congratulations! Amount $ 488.99 Purchase of Tether (USDT) Digital currency Successfully made a transaction.
For any queries or complain call us now at [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/div>

I got this,  I think someone has used her identity,  as I did a check, she used to resided at this address. I think the USA police should be Informed.  I have to wait until I access my desktop,  because I can't cancel from app or android
Login to Me Too

Jen4567
Contributor
Contributor
How did you cancel the invoice? I don't see an option for cancelling except to call a phone number at the bottom. ??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.