Has anyone come across Digital Tech sending invoices for $499?

KathrynW1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, had an email claiming that an invoice is waiting to be paid from a company claiming to be Digital Tech. Partial content below.

Digital Tech sent you an invoice for $499.00 USD

Due on receipt

View and Pay Invoice

Note from Digital Tech

Thank you for your Subscription for ultimate pro total protection. €499. 22 has been successfully debited from your account . We are there to help you 24x7. If you want to cancel this subscription calls us immediately at [removed]

is this Phishing? checking my account, the invoice has nothing visible to read. 

Login to Me Too
27 REPLIES 27

Alihoopla
Contributor
Contributor
To cancel the invoice go to your desktop or iPad internet account. I wasn’t able to find a way to cancel it from the app. go to your PayPal page marked “Dashboard”. On the right side, part way down that page you will see a section marked “Recent Activity”. Under recent activity, there will be a listing of a few transactions, instead of pressing on an individual transaction, press the link that is marked, “See All”. Under the list of transactions, there should be choices to either “Pay Invoice” or “Cancel” under each transaction. Press “Cancel”. That will bring you to another page, where you need to press “Cancel” one more time. I posted screenshots on a previous post yesterday on this string of messages
Login to Me Too

Jen4567
Contributor
Contributor
How did you post pictures/images in your post? I don't see any option for that. (on the website) .... ??
Login to Me Too

Veedub3
Contributor
Contributor

I received this invoice this morning but mine was from Mori's Tech out of NC but everything else was the same even the wording. I just canceled the invoice and the note I left them on why the invoice was being canceled was....let's just say it was far from nice!

Login to Me Too

reyesthegreates
Contributor
Contributor
same thing happened to my mom this morning. it scared her. how do i cancel this fake invoice?
Login to Me Too

StoneyPA
Contributor
Contributor

I've got 3 of these phishing invoices over the past couple weeks and not a single way to cancel.  I guess I just let them sit there until PayPal gets their head out of where the sun doesn't shine?

Login to Me Too

KathrynW1
Contributor
Contributor

thank you to everyone who responded. You've helped me immensely and saved me making a big mistake. 👍

Login to Me Too

Metalhead1000
Contributor
Contributor

I have one from a Robert [removed] for some 499.99 dollar camera. I most certainly didn't buy such a thing. I have read to jjust ignore it from other threads as its fake. Mine even provided an 888 number that is out of service.

Login to Me Too

AngeLee123
New Community Member

My account has one of these today. I can't seem to cancel it as its "page not found". I'll try msging them tomorrow when its not a bot thats operating it!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.