Hacker dispute

sellmons_
New Community Member
A previous buyer of mine got their paypal account hacked and this hacker is filing disputes to a lot of transactions including the one that was made to me. I now have a negative balance from a chargeback of a transactions thats COMPLETED. The buyer has received the goods. And yet I have a negative balance from it now. I've filed some proofs for Paypal to review. Will my balance go back when the issue is resolved? Thanks for anyone who answered!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @sellmons_,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post.

The chargeback process is external to the PayPal system. If a PayPal customer initiates a chargeback with their credit card company we have no way of stopping the claim as it is handled by that card issuer. What we can do is dispute the claim on your behalf in appropriate circumstances.

When a chargeback is opened against you, you would be required to respond with valid shipping information showing the item was delivered to the buyer. If you have already responded to the case, you will need to wait for a response from the credit card company regarding the outcome of the chargeback.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.