Hacker!Have someone a solution?

Teo1982
New Community Member

Good evening, I am a partner streamer on twitch and I have chosen my bank account in euros as a payment method (I have PayPal for donations). three days ago I found out that someone hacked my twitch account (although I had the 2 factor security, I get a text message on my cell phone with a token/code to loggin) and this person changed my payout method in PayPal, the currency in rubles and put his own email to receive, my money! I already contact twitch and they told me - with an automated response - the same thing as before 3 days: to change my passwords and check my payout method, which I had already done. But today, when the twitch payments are submitted, I found out that it says paypal! Have someone any idea how I can "rescue" my money? the hacker has not received them yet, but twitch didn't cancel the payout! I have screenshot the hacker email.thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Teo1982,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Are you able to log into your account still? If so, I would recommend reporting this activity through our Resolution Center. Here's a great Help Center article that can guide you through that process: How do I report an unauthorized transaction or account activity?

If you're unable to log into your account, please reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Good luck securing your account!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.