Hacked account to recoup stolen funds, not the new account

Curtis913M
Contributor
Contributor
My account was hacked over the summer, over $5000 stolen off my PayPal balance, credit cards and PayPal Cash card and used to buy things with my money. After a deposit was made, they used my money to order things on my balance. A slap in the face came when my account went negative $467, because I couldn't provide enough information for a claim. I gave up on PayPal after a decade together and ever getting my money back. Two months later I received an email from PayPal to check my messages. Lo and behold someone was able to see my documentation and found that my account was hacked and that it was compromised. I was told to create a new PayPal account using a new email and basically forget about the old one and my stolen funds would be returned as they are gone through and that I'm not liable for the negative balance caused by the thieves and wrongly judged lost disputes were going to be overturned. All relevant departments would be notified and there was nothing else for me to do. A few days later I start getting emails that PayPal has deposited a few of the funds I lost from fraudulent use back to me. Yay!!! No, yay but what the hey!! My funds that are being returned to me are being sent to my old, compromised account instead of my new safe account that PayPal had instructed me to do. Then an even more brain-spliting situation is that none of the foreigners who I have had to unhappily deal with, don't understand the simplicity of pulling the money back out and placing it in the new uncompromised account. They insist that the money has to go back to the original account. If the original account wasn't pillaged through and proper preventative measures were enacted to secure my account, that would be doable. The account that had over $5000 stolen out of it, the one with the negative balance of $467 that is not my responsibility. Four days and 12 plus hours on the phone with customer support has probably caused an ulcer or 3. The only 2 people that have noticed the idiocy of what has happened are the first ones who answer the calls and they unfortunately have to transfer me to support agents who act like correctly putting my money in the right account is astrophysics and simply cannot be done and refuse to listen to reason. Help me.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.