Hack

Mudcreek513
Contributor
Contributor
I received an email from PayPal saying that I have $60 charges on my account from google play store gift cards. I do no use this app nor did I make the purchase. It does not show up on my PayPal account anywhere. It asked if I wanted to cancel purchase I called the number and it asked for last 4 of my social.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Swam
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Mudcreek513 ,  I understand that you have received an email asking for your SSN number. PayPal do not ask for our customer's SS number via email. It seems like the email that you have received is not sent by PayPal.
Please make sure not to enter any information nor click on any link inside that email. We will appreciate it, if you report bug could forward those spam emails to <removed>. Also, do not change the subject line and delete it from your inbox once your are done. Here is what we do with the emails that you send us:
* We continuously work to disable fake emails and websites.
* We manually review all submissions sent to this <removed>.
* We also work with law enforcement around the world to stop online criminals. Hope this is helpful.
Thank you
Regards, 
Swam

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.