Grubhub seamless unauthorized transaction issue

TeeGho
New Community Member
I received a notification from grubhub and PayPal that I ordered two deliveries for myself in Missouri, sad thing is, I'm in Michigan! I don't know what's going on ,but I am strongly pushing for a refund from somebody. If anyone have figured out what is going on and if they have been refunded, please reply.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @TeeGho

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you've had an unauthorized Grubhub transaction. It sounds like someone logged into your Grubhub account to make the purchase. I recommend contacting them right away to report the activity. If you have never used Grubhub before, I also recommend reporting the activity through PayPal. You can find instructions for canceling the subscription and resetting your password on our Help Center. 

I hope this information helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Calismic
New Community Member

I had the exact same thing happen to me. As soon as I received the Grub Hub notification I immediately logged in, changed the password and deleted all payment options.  I attempted to cancel the order online with Grubhub only to be immediately disconnected from their telephone line due to 'unusually high call volume'.  Their chat system was doing the same.   I even called the stores where the orders were placed but told they had already been picked up.  I called Paypal and attempted to cancel the transaction but was told I would have to wait for it to post but was ASSURED I would be refunded. Well that was a big fat lie.  After calling Paypal today the moment the charge posted, my resolution was denied and closed within the hour.  I am still waiting to hear ANYTHING from Grub Hub but its been radio silence.  The only thing their chat will tell you is that they have to escalate the request.  Same goes for the phone number.  Paypal should have never authenticated the transaction.  The order was in another state and I didn't even get a notification!  I'd have been happy to provide Paypal with the order receipts in the Grub Hub account but they did not bother to ask.  This is horrible service from a company that supposedly offers 'protection' against something like this!

Login to Me Too

Saseymour1207
New Community Member
I gave PayPal screenshots of the chat and everything. I guess the next option is to call my bank.
Login to Me Too

Saseymour1207
New Community Member
I'm having the same issue. We've completed our review of your unauthorized activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorized use. The payment in question was sent as part of a billing agreement you previously set up with the merchant. Response below is what I got from PayPal. I'm waiting for grubhub seamless to respond We've now canceled this agreement for you to prevent any other unwanted transactions. Moving forward please be sure to review all your active billing agreements. If you need a refund for a payment sent using an active billing agreement, please contact the merchant directly.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.