Got 200$ received mail but not in my paypal

Dhirender1
New Community Member
A person contacted me on insta for commission work he said he will pay 200$ for it next day he said he send me 200$ but the paypal mail that I got gone to spam. First mail says you have recieved 200$ we have a problem crediting your fund because this amount seems to be above your limit take these urgent steps to expand your account limit . And after that it says contact your buyer to send a additional payment of 200$ for your account to be fully expanded soon as this is done we will credit the total sum of 400$ with a free compensation fee of 50$ for inconvenience caused but after that also i didn't see anything in my paypal account afterward another mail comes an additional 200$ received from "that person" but you have to refund 200$ after that 400$ will be credited to your account. It's fishy
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dhirender1 

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Skugi
Contributor
Contributor

I have same issue, what can be done with that? I said I dont want that money and they have to take it back. Do I have to block that person in my account? Is there still a danger?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Skugi,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum!

If you received an email from someone asking you to pay a fee to receive a payment, they likely never did send you a payment. Fraudsters send emails making you think that you have received a payment, and it typically never even has anything to do with your actual account.

However, if you do see a line in your PayPal account, please check to make sure that it is not a fraud invoice. Learn more here about fraud invoices

In the very unlikely even that there is a payment in your PayPal account and it is not actually a fraud invoice, you can refund the payment to the sender, because it would almost definitely have been sent using stolen funds, and a dispute would be opened on the payment once the victim becomes aware.

I hope this information is helpful!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.