Getting paid on eBay has changed

dalotheman
New Community Member

Ebay has informed me that they will no longer be using PayPal to transact business on eBay. I am not giving them access to my bank account. Does that mean that on May 27th I'll no longer be a seller?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

LadyBosley
Contributor
Contributor

No you will not be able to sell on EBay if you don't register for managed payments, as there will be no way for buyers to pay you.

Managed Payments isn't as bad as you may think, I transferred over a couple of weeks ago. The good thing is the ebay fees are taken out of the payment before it's transferred to your bank, so you don't end up with a large invoice at end of month. The bad thing is you have to wait 3 days until the funds appear in your bank account. This means you have to pay the postage out of your own pocket, until the payments start arriving.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LadyBosley 

Sadly due to this policy i can't buy on ebay anymore as i won't pay without using paypal.

Ebays buyer protection is only for 30 days whereas paypals is 180 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LadyBosley
Contributor
Contributor

You can still pay by PayPal on Ebay, it's just the PayPal payment goes to Ebay rather than the individual seller.

Surely the PayPal 180 day protection would still apply , rather than the Ebay 30 day protection? I'm not sure, might be worth checking with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

LadyBosley
Contributor
Contributor

I have just bought something from ebay , the seller is on managed payments, and I used PayPal. The confirmation email has the same wording as it always did . It says "You have 180 days from date of transaction to open  dispute in Resolution Centre". So it would seem that PayPal payments to Ebay are still covered.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.