Frustrated doesn’t come close.

sickNtired1
Contributor
Contributor
Ok I’ll try to be brief using bullet points where poss. So a purchase at start of Nov ‘22 proved to be defective 6 weeks later after a single use. Due to ebays 30 day limit I had to seek resolution via PayPal. As required I provided full explanation & a series of photos. I received an email on the 23rd December informing me I was going to be refunded in full and needed to return the item to the seller. Once delivery was confirmed via tracking I would be refunded. This might take up to 5 days to appear on my account I was told. Return of item confirmed 31/12 Case status ‘awaiting sellers response’ Case status ‘awaiting sellers response to be able to make a decision’ This continues on and ll the while the case end date keeps increasing from an initial 03/01/23 to its present date of 16/01/2023. Inbetween this time I have called resolutions 3 times. Each call ends with a promise of my refund by close of business. But it never happens and the case just seems to be going on and on awaiting for, or reviewing sellers response. I do not see for what. I was told by email on 23rd Dec I was being refunded once I returned the item to the seller and it was confirmed. I have done everything as instructed to receive the refund I was told was being paid to me, yet I am still waiting for it. Telephone calls are an utter waste of time as I get the same responses each time - empty promises the refund payment is being made by the close of business. Why does the case end day keep increasing without explanation. Does any of this even matter as a decision was made to refund me by PayPal, which was emailed this to me on 23/12/22. Given the items return has been confirmed by tracking is there any valid reason why I haven’t received the refund yet? This case was very straight forward and I provided so much detail throughout to assist the decision makers. I have done everything asked of me and still find I am dangling at the end of an ever increasing length of string - with the date for the case end increasing from the 3rd of January to now the 16th of January !!!! Even though the item was returned to the seller and confirmed by tracking on the 31/12. Is this normal for PayPal to inform of a decision then appear to go back on it and then keep increasing the end of the case date? I’ve never known anything like it and starting to believe my statutory consumer rights are being denied me by both seller and now PayPal alike. Aaarrrggggghhhhhh !
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

hj21
New Community Member
I have the same problem I am going to the financial ombudsman. Paypal Owe me over 1,100!!
Login to Me Too

sickNtired1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply. I have never been through the resolution process before and I am absolutely disgusted by their lack of action/communication/or explanations per say. Even though I have their email as proof of their offer to refund me upon return of the item to the seller. I have complied start to date with every request. I’ve even rung them and twice been promised the refund by close of business that day. Never to happen of course. This ever increasing case end date is so annoying - now gone from the 03/01/23 to the 19/1/23 🤬 I know it isn’t a great deal of money at 34.99 but it is at this point more about the principle of it. The fact U.K. legislation …laws to protect U.K. consumers are being denied me quite blatantly is shocking. The seller could do anything with the return now and I am powerless to stop them. This delay is allowing them ample time and opportunity to tamper with it in an attempt to prove their own claims of the item being inappropriately cared for. I hope you get yours sorted soon as over a grand would have me considering all manner of self satisfying resolution. None of which would be within the scope of pp’s considerations. Good luck to you mate.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.