Free £5 Claim Email from Paypal?

Bhavick
Contributor
Contributor

I received a email from PayPal today informing me that i could claim £5 free if I clicked the link in the email. I clicked the link and then i was directed to a page that said I am not eligible because i am not a Australian resident which is true because I am from the UK. Am a bit confused as to why Paypal would send me this email as i am not based in the correct location, i think this is highly misleading by Paypal and i feel a bit cheated to be honest. I just wanted to confirm that this is actually a valid email and not a scam? I did change my password as a precautionary measure also.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Bhavick
Contributor
Contributor

BUMP can anyone shed some light on this please?

Login to Me Too

easyquadparts
Contributor
Contributor
Yeh same here We seem to be having some trouble. You may have claimed this offer already or are not eligible for this promotion. Terms and Conditions Eligible Participant: Open only to residents of Australia who (1) are eighteen (18) years of age or older; (2) have an Australian PayPal account in good standing (“Valid Account”) ; and (3) receive an authorised invitation to participate in the offer (eligibility for those who receive such invitation will be determined solely by PayPal) (“Eligible Claim £5, not the currency of Australia, not suprised ebay moved on.
Login to Me Too

Bhavick
Contributor
Contributor

Yep this is the exact message I got when I tried claiming my free £5. No idea why Paypal would send these emails to people outside of Australia if the offer doesn't apply to them. As i said i feel a bit cheated by the whole situation. Maybe someone from Paypal can shed some light on this shambles?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.