Fraudulent unauthorized transaction to get free products by buyer

kawaiico
New Community Member

A buyer from early June filed for unauthorized transaction 3 months after. Shopify verified payment as low fraud (zip code vs IP address matching), I checked out the paypal email, the shipping address, looked up the website and the instagram. Every. Single. Thing. Matches. Address, the female owner is the one on the paypal email address and shipping info. The instagram "location" is also the same city and state as the package shipping address. The instagram account gleaned from the personalized email extension in the paypal email checked out too with her introducing herself (same name as the shipping). She even introduced her fiance on instagram and the fiance name is the one that filed the unauthorized use. Package was shipped Priority Mail and I never received any communication about any problem or issue til this case filing. I submitted all pertinent supporting documents and Paypal had decided that I am not to be faulted. However, the financial institution ruled in their favor! Though I did not lose money, it does not sit well with me that someone with over 10k followers on Instagram works in such an unethical way and is actually willing to drown a small business for something less than $200. What can I do to alert the financial institution to actually take a look at the activity of this account and make better judgement? I am sure I am not the only victim. SHAME on this supposed "Magicland" company when they are spreading anything but magic behind the curtains. Sharing "magic" and a new bundle of rainbow joy news but really evil behind the mask...I just cannot!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.