Fraudulent transaction to an "armory" for $799.

docnick
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal sent me an email notifying me of a transaction to an armory for $799. Not only did I not do this transaction, but I am very alarmed that someone could breach my Paypal account to buy goods from an armory!! This clearly is criminal activity, someone who is hacking into people's accounts to buy guns, ammo or other weapons!!! And I can't even call Paypal to talk to anyone!!! I sent a "message" thru their texting option, but does anyone know of a way to actually reach someone??

This is very serious and needs to be reported to authorities and the source of it tracked down!!!!!

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

ksgrandpa

I also received an email stating I made a purchase of $751.37.

Login to Me Too

Juan_Savante
Contributor
Contributor

I was charged $718.23

Login to Me Too

larryorr79
New Community Member

Mine was $689.67, to Black Creek Armory.  Glad I thought to check on PayPal!

Login to Me Too

Temp20220131ad
New Community Member

Just received the same scam email; called the number and for some reason, they hung up on me when I asked: "Are you really Paypal or are you just part of the scam?" LOL

Funny how that works. 

Login to Me Too

RethaA64
I just got the email yesterday. They had the last four of my debit card, the last two of my social security, my phone number address etc. When they tried to get me to go get a “PayPal security card” from Kroger or Target is when it was verified to me that they weren’t actually PayPal. He put his “manager” on the phone and he was trying to tell me the same thing. When I said “I’m wondering if this is actually PayPal” he immediately hung up. To be clear, I thought I was calling the supposed armory (Highland Armory) but it was the fraudulent PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Vaya4
The same thing happened to me! I had a fraudulent transaction through PayPal for $694 to Black Dog Armory. PayPal denied my claim regarding another fraudulent claim re: a British company for $54 only three days ago. PayPal says they have investigated and the claim is legitimate. But they will not provide evidence for their conclusion. The company has palmed me off on other websites. This supposedly has to do with a subscription. Both charges are fraudulent. I am horrified nothing is being done to stop this criminal activity!
Login to Me Too

wolfmann
Contributor
Contributor

My email from PayPal stated that I made a purchase of $719.57 to Icebox Armory on 4/5/22. However no record on Pay Pal and no deductios from my bank account. 

Login to Me Too

CSR223
New Community Member

I just had one from Ash Creek Armory for $718 (or thereabouts, I deleted it already), but the email was addressed to one of my accounts which is NOT linked to PayPal. I make no purchases of any kind with that email. The sender's address was a google mail account. The real Ash Creek Armory email is at ashcreekarmory.com 

None of it passed the smell test.

Login to Me Too

flipflop101
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email from Blackwoods Tactical Arms saying I bought an item from their company from Paypal Credit totaling $976.49. I called Paypal Credit and my account was closed a while ago for inactivity and there was no charge. I believe whoever sent this is just trying to get me to call the number on the email, which is [removed] so they can do something nefarious.

Login to Me Too

Highfour137
Contributor
Contributor

Just out of curiosity has anyone in this room recently purchased a handgun from a gun dealer?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.