Fraudulent refund claims resulting in chargebacks and stolen funds

KCtheater
Contributor
Contributor

How many other merchants are victims of fraudulent refund/chargeback claims? Once again PayPal is aiding a customer in stealing funds from our non-profit theater. I understand that the customer's bank is the one that make the decision to allow these funds to be stolen from us, but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to call it out. Am I not correct in my belief that if I deliver a theater ticket to a patron and presented that show as promised, then I have delivered the promised service? Period. A patron is not allowed to not show up or change their mind later and get a refund for a theater ticket. So why can a patron call us, be told no refunds, then go to their bank and get a refund? Why is a patron allowed to watch the show, then claim that our charge was unauthorized and steal the funds we legitimately charged for the ticket the patron used? When is this going to stop?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KCtheater 

You need to read up on all the factors listed in Paypals seller protection policy so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.