Fraudulent invoices, possible identity theft, please help?!

ketchikanna
Contributor
Contributor

I received 4 invoices so far that say I purchased a gun with PayPal credit but have a remaining balance of $174 due today(or 2 days from the date of the email). I have no idea how this happened and whether or not these people have more of my info and are selling it. Scary!  What should I do? I  legally cannot purchase, sell, 3è)or possess any fire arms.? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Rocket_Raccoon
New Community Member

Hi.

I've had thesame. I never got an invoice sent to my paypal account before and this week I recieved it twice with same amount 499$

I just canceled them with a kind reply I never ordered anything. But it's still scary that you can get an fraudulent invoice, aren't ther any verification of accounts sending invoices? And why can't I report a fraudulent invoice/account directly in app so maybe the abuse can be stopped.

Login to Me Too

ketchikanna
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe this isn't a common problem users have come across yet? I hope so for their sake. The super weird thing is one of the invoices sent to me was from an account with the same exact name as my biological grandmother.(I was adopted) coincidence? Maybe they thought I'd be more interested that way even thought I'm one out of the 2 people who know this. I dunno but it's super frustrating and worrisome that there isn't any kind of verification you're ABSOLUTELY correct. Thank you I hope you no longer get the invoices!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.