Fraudulent charge

rubymacy
New Community Member

I have been charged $738.92 fraudulently to a firearms company, how do I get this reported?  They gave a phone number but it just gives me a busy signal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @rubymacy

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that you've received an alert to a payment you do not recognize.

How did you receive this notification? If you were informed through email, this scenario is one that is a common scam. The email would be referring to a transaction that did not occur. The choice of it being a firearms company is likely designed to make you feel panic, which would be more likely to lead to you calling the number they give, which would be a fake number that they would use for phishing more information.

You can learn more about some common scams in this US article, and you can learn about reviewing suspicious emails in this article.

You can always log into your account from a fresh browser window by typing paypal.com without following any links. Or you can open the app on your mobile phone or device. Then you can log in and check your activity there. I'm betting that you will not see any such transaction.

I hope this is helpful.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.