Fraudulent buyer dispute

Gadgetgirl03
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item via Facebook marketplace earlier this month.

The item was in perfect condition, almost new and boxed.

I sent the item special delivery and that was that.

Yesterday when logging into Paypal i noticed my account was in debit!

Now my own fault i know but i can't get access to my yahoo emails connected to my Paypal so i hadn't seen numerous emails sent to me stating there was a dispute in place. The buyer never messaged me, just put in a dispute. 

As i hadn't responded due to not knowing (i never even saw anything on the paypal app!) they had sided with the buyer and issued a refund and given me a dispute fee.

I managed to get into the case and she had posted a photo of the item received and a photo of the advertised item and they were clearly not the same item. This was totally incorrect as i most certainly sent her what was on the photos so i smelt a rat.

I dropped her a message asking why she didn't contact me......nothing. 

Later on after still no message i informed her i would be contacting the police and paypal as the item she had said i sent her was completely fraudulent and i had the serial number of the item i sent so could she prove that this new item was the same one. Less than 60 seconds later i received the money back into my account from the buyer. Now if that doesn't say 'i tried to scam you' i don't know what does. 

Can i report her to anyone as i don't want her doing this to someone else. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.