Fraudulent and Unauthorized transaction!!

Ahmed_Al_Mannai
New Community Member

I found a transction made to ebay ecommerce that I didn't authorize to an address I know nothing about in Portland USA, so I filed a case within the PayPal resolution center, before doing that I went to my ebay account to see if there was any purchases done and if found nothing else my actual purchases, so I tried to contact ebay to ask them about this transction but it was hard due there was no item to choose and start your complaint, I found their number [removed] and called with no actual reply only an automated response which was another dead end, so later on when I went back and filed a case I was shocked that paypal had ruled that this transction is not a fruad but it is a normal transction, so I took the email that shows in the transction to see if I can get anything any feddback but it turned that my emails did not went through they failed to reach which shows that even the email is fake, now when I try to open another case on the same transaction paypal would have an automated reply that says this case is settled and closed, and no option to appeal, tried calling paypal but whenever I hit on call us another automated response says due to covid there are less agents and cant take my call at those moments, its been couple days and I have no idea what to do!! This is the email I found in the transaction [removed]

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Ashwani3
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Ahmed_Al_Mannai 

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I realize that the unauthorized transaction has caused you some concern. I'm sorry to hear your claim was rejected. I recommend that you discover significant evidence in your favor and pursue a re-investigation, possibly through PayPal support.

You can contact us through the following link 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Ashwani.

Login to Me Too

DoGo61
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me. Someone spent 199.99 out of my PP account, and I disputed with my bank, because Paypal refuses to acknowledge it is fraudulent. They stated it's a "normal transaction" for my account. Another canned response from PP.  I have done everything PP has asked of me, I even removed all cards/bank from account, "proved" who I am (AGAIN), and this morning they are asking me yet AGAIN to send in driver's license and change my security questions. So I did. Because I'm about to start filing complaints with every federal entity that will accept them, plus my state's attorney general's office. As many people that have this issue, you'd think Paypal would decide "hmm maybe it's time to DO something about this", instead of running their customers ragged proving themselves over and over again, while thieves still hack and use our accounts. Really Paypal?? I can't even close my account because now the case is "pending seller's response." It's been like this for days. Once this is resolved, I'm closing out PP and will never, ever use them again. I'm totally done after all this. 

Login to Me Too

Floridafan47
Contributor
Contributor
Me too! I lost my phone at the end of July and got a new one on August 9th. Between those 9/10 days, 19 unauthorized transactions were done adding over $1000 and PayPal WONT reverse the charges. They said that i am responsible for those charges and closed my case. WOW UNBELIEVABLE SERIOUSLY!!! COMPLETE FRAUD ON THEIR BEHALF! I AM SOOOOO MAD! Their is NOTHING I can do about it either they say!!
Login to Me Too

DoGo61
Contributor
Contributor

So sorry you're going through this! PP has become "too big to fail" .. they simply do not CARE. They KNOW this is fraud, I found many, many hits on Google showing the same address in Portland, and told them so. PP just feels like if they ignore it, it will go away, they don't want to lose their cash cow. I have my account locked down, you have to have a code .. bank acct was removed a couple weeks ago (and guess what, I STILL had to prove my acct and send them a bank statement so that tells me they hold on to your info on their end!), I took all my cc's off, etc. So in essence, they have ALL your info, but you are run through a ringer trying to fix things. Say something negative about them on Facebook, and they take it down. Fact. I can't believe what this world has come to, and I hope others fight back hard, by reporting this (with screenshots if you all can get them) to everyone who will take a report at the Federal and State level. At least we tried! 

Login to Me Too

mariannealyssa
New Community Member

Now I'm scared because I had a $179.99 charge today from this same account and I'm doing everything I can to dispute it. How can PayPal continue to let this happen if it's happened to so many people?

Login to Me Too

DoGo516
New Community Member

They think they're too big to fail .. they simply do not care. In my case, they did everything in their power to stall, make me out to look like a "liar", and said the transaction was usual to my account activity - WRONG. (Interesting note that my bank is now using the same language when reporting a suspicious charge). . Customer service is gone across the board.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.