Fraudulent Transaction

Prashin
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. A payment was made without my prior authorisation on my PayPal account. This transaction is fraudulent. I tried to go through resolution centre saying the transaction was unauthorized and was told via email that PayPal found nothing wrong with the transaction. Please assist
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Prashin 

Read the section on unauthorised in paypals user agreement, if paypal think the breach of account was due to something that was your responsibility then you may not be covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Prashin
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks so much for the reply. The problem is I did nothing that would qualify as such. the payment from my account happened without my authorising it nor my knowledge. A case submitted got stonewalled. I’m struggling to call them and get in touch since it is automated and also my account is now limited. I don’t know what to do
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Prashin 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Prashin
Contributor
Contributor
I called multiple times to no avail Live chat isn’t available for my region unfortunately I sent a message however the initial one was wiped away somehow, the new one got an automated reply and nothing further I might try the Twitter one. Thank you Appreciate the help. If there’s any other ways you can help please share
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.