Fraudulent Sellers Fake websites

DSheehan
Contributor
Contributor

So real time I am getting scammed for $200 by a website that only offers PayPal, and reroutes the purchase by masking an individual seller who collects the money purchase was yesterday after noon. Having revived no confirmation email I attempted to check charge this is the website discountxclub.us and this is the seller “<removed>” . Domain was registered two days ago so for the next 13 days this seller can scam as many victims as possible and disappear and start up a new site and do it all over again. The 15 day window allows this to happen. Luckily I can dispute the charge as it went through Discover on their end but until PayPal returns to the office the automated processing will just keep chugging along sending honest money out to criminals. I was careless yes and should have checked the business address before placing the order, I did look for reviews and found no negative ones and a website saying it has a positive rating because it is brand new which I didn’t check. The address for the business is a Carvana location in Atlanta, fake, the support email address bounces back. How about a real effort to be able to stop fraud as it happens. I can’t be the only one with this frustration about your support processes.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DSheehan
Contributor
Contributor
So PayPal has done nothing in 7 hours this scam website close collect there cash and walk away by the 11th and the insane 15 day policy allows it to happen. Heading to social media now to expose this - PayPal this is not doing the right thing.
Login to Me Too

MTBARC
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same problem. First I reported the problem to PayPal. (I learned that it's best classified under "I didn't receive what I ordered.") Then I called PayPal and spoke with a representative. She was able to give me a refund after I explained what was going on with this company.

Login to Me Too

Brandon771
New Community Member
Bought from the same website because I trust PayPal I did get a shipping notification and a response from the seller after I inquired about the tracking number I received through PayPal I'm still pretty certain it's a scam but I will let it play out for a bit the seller is responsive as of right now but I don't think it's legit I will say in response to the O.P. The address listed is the small business right next to carvana and it looks like it could be a small business with nothing else listed there
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.