Fraudulent Seller

goredmenac
New Community Member

So my wife ordered what she thought was a Yeti cooler off a website that appeared to be **bleep**'s Sporting Goods (even though the actual website address was incorrect). She paid on Paypal.  As soon as she told me about it I knew it was 99% fraudulent but we gave it about 2 weeks. After 2 weeks when we did not receive the cooler, we opened a dispute with Paypal. The seller responded and provided a USPS tracking number. When entering the tracking number on the USPS website it said the package was delivered in my mailbox.  The USPS tracking number was for a "First Class Package Service".  Per the USPS website, that is for small packages up to 16 ounces.  Since the cooler is most certainly heavier than 16 ounces and would not fit in my mailbox, I know I was not shipped the Yeti cooler I ordered.  The other odd thing is that I did not actually receive any package even though USPS has a tracking number saying I did.  Paypal closed my dispute since the "seller" provided a tracking number saying it was delivered.  Has anyone else dealt with an issue like this and do I have any recourse??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@goredmenac 

Contact customer services to appeal the fraudulent tracking info and mention the discrepancies in the item you ordered. You can ask the USPS if the address of said tracking number was addressed to you and have them put it in writing with a phone number so PayPal can confirm with them.

Contact customer service:     

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us       

Click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.   

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal    

Twitter: @AskPayPal    

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Temp20220624A
New Community Member
Different shippper , same problem. Mailed a package to my town , but not to me . Fake shipping number is all it takes to fool PayPal I guess
Login to Me Too

ldrobney
New Community Member

Me too. I called and spoke to a representative, Tristan. They are familiar with this fraud issue, and will help you get a refund. Seller uses a recycled tracking number for something sent to and from others near you. PO won't give PP the exact address. You must call PP. I got my money back immediately. Nathan Pendergrass LLC is a LOSER today!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.