Fraudulent Purchase- Paypal says it was authorized and closed my case and I can't reopen it!

mjupiter8
New Community Member

Hello, I looked through the community about this issue and I saw that other people have had fraudulent charges made to their accounts by G2A games. I noticed my paypal account was charged by this company today, by a card I almost never use, and I immediately canceled the card through my bank and reported to paypal as well that it was a fraudulent charge. Paypal immediately closed my case and said it was authorized! I can't find any way to appeal the case, and they won't answer the phone at customer service. I don't know what to do. I reported immediately after I saw a notification there was a purchase. How can I trust paypal? I changed my information and security settings immediately, and thankfully it was a small purchase, but has anyone else gotten help from Paypal over this?

This is the information I have:

Seller info

G2A.COM Limited

[removed]

[removed]

Purchase details

Steam Gift Card 10 EUR - Steam Key - For EUR Currency Only - Time4digi_com

I have never even heard of G2A until today. Why is paypal not helping?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Sputtycat
Contributor
Contributor

I refused to pay for a purchase I did not make and now have notification that PayPal is sending me to collection!!

I think that some of my issues come from PayPal and the company needs to be investigated. They must have a thief working in their company,  I just got another fraudulent charge on my Visa card and had to cancel it as well as my card and now I have to wait for a new card.  I tried to cancel my membership but PayPal won't let me because of the "delinquent charge" that I didn't make.  I posted my story on Facebook and my community web site.  I was surprised that so many people had similar issues with this company!

Login to Me Too

LastLurker
Contributor
Contributor

For the record, G2A is a gray-market Steam key reseller that has a reputation for being used by identity thieves and hackers. The claims against them aren't new - they've had this reputation many years now. I'd like to say that I'm surprised that PayPal still does business with them, but this is par for the course.

Cancelling the card and changing your security settings was a wise move. It might be time to just delete your PayPal account, provided that they allow you to do it. Barring that, I would recommend filing a complaint with whatever consumer protection agency exists where you live as this is about the only thing that will get a response from them.

Login to Me Too

TallGirly
New Community Member
This just happened to me. There's over $1000.00 worth of charges from Aliexpress. I reported it to Paypal and a matter of 2 or 3 hours, PayPal decided the charges were warranted and closed the case. No way did they investigate this. No way am I paying for fraudulent charges and may have to look into getting an attorney.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.