Fraudulent Payments from My PAYPAL and PAYPAL wont help me

MakarandK
Contributor
Contributor

May 24 and May 25th - 6 fraudulent transactions were posted to my PAYPAL account  approx totaling to $5000

> 4 of them got completed and paid by my bank -

> one rejected by my BANK after I reported -

> and one was charged to my PAYPAL credit account.

I reported them all the PAYPAL and PAYPAL is completely rejecting my claim and saying all are valid.

Now its asking me to pay the negative balance for the credit transaction and the one paid on PAYPAL CREDIT.

WHAT are my options ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DMJohnston1
Contributor
Contributor

At this point, speaking with an attorney might not be a bad idea, especially if PayPal takes further action on that negative balance, but there are a few other things you can try first.

Customer service is going to be useless, but you can try contacting the executive office. I can't post the email address here or it will be removed, but you can deduce it - put the name of the department in front of the PayPal domain, and that's the address.

You should also immediately file complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Public pressure is about the only thing that moves PayPal to do anything, and while I doubt it will do much in this case, it's worth a shot.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.