Fraudulent Payment to AJCLOUD HONGKONG CO, LIMITED

Teri12345
Contributor
Contributor

A payment was posted from my individual PayPal account to <removed>, LIMITED on July 6.  I got the automated email titled "You sent an automatic payment to <removed>.   The details, per the email:  "CSP-Basic Storage 7 days and subscribe with 1 yearly".  The email also said my next payment would be due on July 6, 2021.  

When I printed out the details of this transaction, the Category was listed as TRUCKING.  

I thought this was some sort of phishing scam (since I have never authorized anyone to receive an automatic payment from my PayPal account) so I did not use the link in the email but logged on to my PayPal account from my laptop.

Just wondering if anyone else has had such issues.

Login to Me Too
44 REPLIES 44

Unicorn_Arist
It's actually real. You get what you're paying for, just make sure you note somewhere the days that it should be coming out of your account because they don't send a notice.
Login to Me Too

Sarahs715
That’s exactly what my issue was too. I went in and canceled my subscription from Wansview and then got an email from the company saying they would stop auto-pay. Thanks for sharing, I couldn’t think of any company by that name.
Login to Me Too

CaGirl05
Contributor
Contributor
I just had the same message. I also have a Wainsview camera but don’t remember anything about a recurring charge. However, I did purchase the camera with my PayPal account figuring it was safer than a credit card. I think we are all just jumpy. If for some reason those of you do have videos that you saved from the camera to the Cloud, I suppose it’s a small price to pay should you need it for “proof” of an incident.
Login to Me Too

maks68
Contributor
Contributor
It is Wansview cameras cloud storage annual subscription
Login to Me Too

ZackBellemare
New Community Member
I ordered Wansview too recently, this helps me narrow it down!
Login to Me Too

AbstractHeart
Contributor
Contributor
Omg I just bought a Wansview camera recently too. Hmm I wonder if that’s what it is, however it tried to take $99 from me which makes no sense. That’s a huge amount, subscription wise for myself, because I’m generally cheap, but it does make the most sense. I’ll have to look further to assure if it’s safe, as in they won’t take a bunch of small charges at ransoms moments (like planet fitness likes to do) that are not part of the annual/monthly/weekly subscription.
Login to Me Too

Lalablanx
Contributor
Contributor
Hey how did u resolve your issue with the 99$ subscription, becuz just a couple hours ago I accidentally purchased the 99 $ subscription two times and it's really hard contacting wansview support team or customer service
Login to Me Too

kcasoco
New Community Member

I have the same problem myself, and I did purchase the Wansview camera about a month or so. I don't remember authorizing payments through Paypal cause I barely use this method of payment. I feel relieved though that everyone that is having this issue has the same circumstances. 

Login to Me Too

Zero_may
Contributor
Contributor

HA! I purchased the Wansview camera too about the same time. Having the same problems too except, my charge was $24.99 on Juhly 24th, 2020.?!??!

Login to Me Too

happy4life
Contributor
Contributor

If you bought a Wansview camera you agreed to the cloud to see your video's or pictures. You can cancel by going to the website. I had the same reaction but did some research and discovered what ti was. I wonder if you don't subscribe to the serves if you sell can see your stuff? IDK though. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.