New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Pay, shop, and do even more on the PayPal appGet the App
Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.
1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.
Hello @Fred20051, @kernowlass, and @Beccadsmokes,
First, thank you for that great information, @kernowlass. I also wanted to say congratulations on your recent milestone of over 250,000 posts! We appreciate all of your hard work in the Community!
@Fred20051 and @Beccadsmokes, welcome to the Community! We're glad you have joined us. @Fred20051, I'm sorry to hear that your case hasn't turned out as expected. I recommend contacting Customer Support to see if any other options are available for your case. Support can be reached by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page or sending a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal.
@Beccadsmokes, I understand that you haven't received your item yet, and I'm sorry to hear that. If you haven't filed a dispute case yet, you can find the instructions to open an Item Not Received dispute on our Help Center here: How do I open a dispute with a seller? If you are able to supply any documentation from USPS that shows the item wasn't delivered to you, that may help expedite the process. (The documentation does not need to show the address where the item was actually sent. A letter stating it wasn't delivered to your address will work.)
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!