Fraudulent- Hong Kong

Fred20051
Contributor
Contributor
Reference to dispute PP suggest I send the merchandise back to get my refund. Ok, but seller want it sent to Hong Kong. UPS refused and stated address is fraudulent and would cost over $100 to send more than what I paid for merchandise. Seller advertised that they are located in Canada on Facebook. But requested that merchandise be send to Kong Hong. Can’t get farther response from Pp..
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fred20051 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Beccadsmokes
New Community Member
I ordered two things off of a Facebook ad and now I don’t have the product which says it was delivered to somewhere down the street. Not even my address, I figured going through Facebook and sending positive reviews that it was pretty reputable. Why was I mistaken. I’m waiting to hear back from PayPal now because I need the money since I’m not getting the product. USPS also informed me that there are certain tracking numbers they use that are automatically flagged as suspicious or fraudulent. Those usually begin with a 44
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Fred20051, @kernowlass, and @Beccadsmokes

First, thank you for that great information, @kernowlass. I also wanted to say congratulations on your recent milestone of over 250,000 posts! We appreciate all of your hard work in the Community! 

@Fred20051 and @Beccadsmokes, welcome to the Community! We're glad you have joined us. @Fred20051, I'm sorry to hear that your case hasn't turned out as expected. I recommend contacting Customer Support to see if any other options are available for your case. Support can be reached by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page or sending a DM to @AskPayPal on Twitter or a PM to facebook.com/PayPal. 

@Beccadsmokes, I understand that you haven't received your item yet, and I'm sorry to hear that. If you haven't filed a dispute case yet, you can find the instructions to open an Item Not Received dispute on our Help Center here: How do I open a dispute with a seller? If you are able to supply any documentation from USPS that shows the item wasn't delivered to you, that may help expedite the process. (The documentation does not need to show the address where the item was actually sent. A letter stating it wasn't delivered to your address will work.) 

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.