Fraudulent GrubHub Seamless Charge

epicanthus
Contributor
Contributor

This evening I was charged $99.49 for a GrubHub Seamless charge from San Francisco (I live in Colorado). I went to Paypal's Resolution Center to dispute it and was notified that, "We're sorry, you can't file a case on this type of transaction." Anyone else have this issue or know what to do? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@epicanthus 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

epicanthus
Contributor
Contributor

I did not set up a subscription but when I checked one had been set up, which I immediately cancelled. This was a GrubHub order from San Francisco and I live in Colorado. This is still pending but I'm worried it will post to my account. I contacted GrubHub but I'm getting the run around. I don't even know if these are real people.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@epicanthus 

If you cancelled it then you may be ok, but keep an eye on the pending status and if it goes through contact the company for a refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

epicanthus
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I'll keep an eye on it.

Login to Me Too

Tony618
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me. I just dont understand how they can get authorization for a subscription (even if they hacked my grubhub acct) when i havent used grubhub in years. Wouldnt you need the paypal password? On every other side I buy stuff you do.
Login to Me Too

mooneymama
Contributor
Contributor

It's been happening to me too. Ridiculous. 

Login to Me Too

blsp99space
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me on 8/20/22 and I was given the same response. I just contacted Grubhub for the 2nd time but the issue is still being investigated. Someone somehow got my Grubhub password and charged $60+ for food delivery in a state I don’t live in or know anyone who does.
Login to Me Too

Slenis
Same thing happened to me But this person made several orders over the span of less than two weeks. Opened a case with pay pal and it closed. Their resolution was to cancel a subscription i never signed up for, I just want my money back. Was anyone able to get a refund?
Login to Me Too

epicanthus
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal did absolutely nothing. I opened a case and they denied it, saying I signed up for a subscription. Thankfully the people at my bank know me. I brought in copies of my emails, texts and bank statements and they cancelled the charge. I opened a case with GrubHub as well, which they later took responsibility for, though I never saw the credit they issued.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.