Fraudulent Company representing themselves as Manitobah <Removed> Dealer Black Friday Sale

Lorita2
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase of products advertised as Manitobah <Removed> on Nov. 30 (Black Friday).  I just followed up with Manitobah <Removed> in Winnipeg and they told me that the Company I purchased from is a FRAUD and I should contact my financial people immediately. I have spent over $100 on this order and want to know what I should do and if anyone else has been scammed.  Paypal should be aware of the FRAUD Company    LINAUOUTLET is not associated nor authorized by Manitobah <Removed> to sell their products.  The only info ever received from Linauoutlet is the demand for payment.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Lorita2,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the order placed, I can understand how frustrating that is to have to work through. My first recommendation, in this case, is to always contact the merchant directly to work with them on a way to find a resolution to the issue or to issue a refund. I would recommend if you have not already gone into your PayPal account and opening a dispute on the transaction so that we can all work towards resolving the issue for you. 

I hope this helps,

​​​​​​​Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

MRT129
Contributor
Contributor

What if you cannot contact the fraudulent seller? I am having a similar situation, I made a purchase on a website called Wikisimo.com, I paid $98 for an item I ordered and then I couldn't login to the account I created on that website, the interface of the website has also been changed completely with the name Mellowskye (instead of Wikisimo)... The email address Wikisimo provides to contact customers also does not exist, I cannot send email Until then, all ways to contact that website can't be done! So I will have to wait at least 7 days from the date I successfully paid via Paypal to this scam seller, then I can open a dispute and will definitely have to escalate the dispute if there are problems. Another problem arises... People should also be very careful, all the addresses that receive money from China are scams, and they build very sophisticated scam websites.

Login to Me Too

Mstamon
AND you don't see the China names until you hit the PayPal payment icons, then the REAL Company Name is replaced with the China Company name... PayPal needs to help figure out this issue that is becoming so prevalent with these China based fraudulent websites copying legitimate well known companies!!!
Login to Me Too

Mstamon
I went through the "Unauthorized Payment" route with PayPal the next day. It was denied and said "I authorized it" therefore were going forward with the 'authorized payment'. Now what do I do?
Login to Me Too

Mstamon
Same problem different company...Muck Boot Company. Denied my request to not pay and refund as an UNAUTHORIZED PAYMENT. How do I stop payment & get me refund?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.