Fraud

idkwho
New Community Member
Just got an email from paypal that my account and balance has been sold to Credit Corp solution. I haven’t used that account in more than a year, and now i somehow owe them $50. Is that legit? And who should i pay those money to? Email came from weird address
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

m2life1
Contributor
Contributor

Check with PayPal first to see if your account(s) are clear. If you use PayPal as a wallet, it's near impossible to have money owed. If you have a PayPal Credit Card, check your balance. 

It could be a case of fraud. Run your credit report, and follow up by writing a letter that it's not you. Do not provide any other personal information. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@m2life1 

Quite easy to have money owed, so not sure why you are advising its not??

@idkwho 

If the account is un-used but still open and you were a seller then its quite possible some buyer did a chargeback or paypal dispute and you lost and owe the funds OR you bought something and paypal paid upfront as they normally do and there were insufficient funds in the funding source at the time they came to collect the owed funds, also many other ways.

But as to it being genuine or not only paypal customer services can advise you as to whether you owe the funds or not.

But as you are only allowed 2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business then may be an idea to ask them to close the other if you are not going to use it at the same time?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.