Fraud through PayPal contact wanted urgent

Fredbloggs2
Contributor
Contributor

I asked a question about PayPal and my account being accessed without my knowledge. Only reply I got was from someone at PayPal saying contact the Facebook page/message etc. Done that, got messed about but they've done nothing. Is there a fraud department? My bank says there should be and won't pay the fraud amount PayPal are claiming. Bank recognise it as a scam. Any help appreciated especially from PayPal fraud. Cannot call the USA too expensive. UK refuse to investigate, keep telling me I logged on. I didn't even have access to my computer at the time but Xoom did through the fraudster. Reported to Xoom as well but as they're PayPal no joy. Xoom have all the addresses, telephone numbers and must have had the accounts any payment was going to but claim they can't retrieve the money even though they were alerted as soon as computer was free  . Not happy, but my bank will not pay either.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Dani

Hi @Fredbloggs2,

Thank you reaching out via PayPal Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a difficult time dealing with unauthorized activity on the account. Due to the urgent and account specific nature of this, the best option would be to reach out to PayPal customer support directly. You can do so using any options found here: Contact Customer Service

I hope you are able to get everything resolved quickly.

- Dani
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Fredbloggs2
Contributor
Contributor

What part of 'Customer Service is useless' do you people not quite understand. For the second time I am posting what actually happened when a follow up to a complaint was sent to so called customer service. The original complaint was that there was an attempted scam of £222.57 from my PayPal account which I had NEVER, repeat, NEVER allowed access to. A scammer supposed to be from HP Support , I'd been in dispute with HP Support, called to offer a resolution to the problem, gained access to my computer and set up accounts in my name. One of these was with XOOM, part of PayPal who then accessed my PayPal account to pay this low life some money, the amount above. I'd given my credit card number, knowing it could be stopped, and sure enough my bank stopped any payment which is when XOOM accessed my PayPal account and literally stole this same amount, £222.57, from my PayPal account. My bank will not authorise this payment to PayPal or anybody else. I could not access my computer at the time this was happening and was unaware of any of this. Then I stupidly transferred £25.98, the legitimate balance on my PayPal account, to my bank. No problem BUT with the complaint, PayPal actually in their mis guided stupidity, investigated THIS transaction. You couldn't make this up, it's absolutely ridiculous and on top of all that, there still this deficit of £222.57 in PayPal. which they're still telling me I authorised. NO I DIDN'T. and now I'm being to to contact customer services, are you having a laugh? This low life fraudster even changed my phone number on my PayPal account, I've NEVER given my mobile number but suddenly there it is as a main number on the account. Well I have to say laws in the UK are obviously somewhat different to the USA. Operating in the UK PayPal are governed by UK laws and if there's a scam such as this, then no way are PayPal going to be paid especially when it access allowed by them and/or XOOM. Would someone like to come up with some sort of remedy for this? Resolution centre on PayPal is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot, no chance of getting through to anybody and trying to talk to people who only go by a script is just as useless

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.