Fraud help please

monankc
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a storage shed from a link on a community buy sell from Facebook. I never received anything confirming the order other than from PayPal. I have tried to contact the seller at the email address provided on the receipt, the email comes back as no such account. Of course I have a transaction ID as well as a receipt number the payment does not show on my PayPal account, I can't use the resource center to file , I tried to search this vendor on PayPal, and it is not listed. I also went back to the website link as I had forwarded it to myself, and it is gone. Has anyone else had dealings with Kathi <removed> there was an email address at mail.com that was used.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@monankc 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and didn't log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a guest buyer.

You don't have Paypal buyer protection cover as a guest buyer but you can contact customer services and they may be able to assist you by reaching out to the seller for you.
So If you need help for a guest buyer transaction then you can;

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will help you.
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

monankc
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your help. I will try your advice.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.