Fraud-donation

barrygolf
Contributor
Contributor

I agreed to purchase 2 car ramps from M motor. When it came to checkout invoice changed to donation. No goods received. PayPal refused refund. Can't contact seller.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@barrygolf 

Why did you pay it when you saw it had changed to a donation?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

barrygolf
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe because I am in my late seventies and don't check properly. Your comment is not useful. Don't get old is the answer.
Login to Me Too

barrygolf
Contributor
Contributor
The answer is 'don't get old '!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@barrygolf 

How old do you think I am? Don't use that as an excuse its insulting to the rest of us oldies !!

Just means you take a bit of care doing things online / read up on scams etc and take responsibility when you make a mistake.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

barrygolf
Contributor
Contributor
I was trying to warn others. Your comments aren't welcome.
Login to Me Too

KimJoRey
Contributor
Contributor
The EXACT same thing just happened to me and it’s FRAUD- I disputed it an Paypal refused it & closed the case!!!! My ANSWER: I will NEVER use PayPal again!!!! I’m going to now dispute it with my bank!!$
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@barrygolf 

Guess you had a sense of humour failure at my joke about oldies  🙄

As for the advice I can post it without your permission, so telling you to research sites before purchasing is good advice and good sense, so, you're welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

KimJoRey
Contributor
Contributor
It’s a FRAUD scam- it happens so fast you only see it completed!! Happened to me!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KimJoRey 

Then check on google / trustpilot / reviews before you buy from strange websites?

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then they 'may' help you but equally may decline just like paypal as it was a donation.....don't suggest you stop using your credit card as well though.  🤔

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.