Fraud Seller!! Shixi Network Technology Co., Ltd.

Leileo
Contributor
Contributor

Dear all, 

Just want to share my recent experience. With both Paypal and Shixi Network Technology Co., Ltd. There's a scam going on out there. Whereby sellers are shipping out items that are incorrect or not to description (basically not what you ordered). After receiving you are forced to return the item to seller to get back your money. Paypal won't help you get your money back, since the seller offered a "solution" to get your money back. Which is to send the item back. And sometimes, the effort and cost to return the item makes no economical sense for you hence you'd rather give up doing so. The tracking number and link i got initially was a fake one that doesn't come up. The item I received from came torn, tattered and broken as they didn't even try to package it properly.  If i didn't want to ship back to item. I'd claim non-recipient of item. And how, the tracking works. Showing delivered. Hence, I recommend all to do your due diligence when buying online. Paypal Buy Protection is sub par and it's not the first time this company has been so, and scammed successfully. Thank you for reading.  Godspeed in your internet purchase.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leileo 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Paypal are only doing what they state they will do in their buyer protection policy so best read it first as it says......

PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leileo 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Paypal are only doing what they state they will do in their buyer protection policy so best read it first as it says......

PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Leileo
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately PayPal isn't flagging these unscrupulous scammers!
Login to Me Too

Antonov
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I purchased two months ago from a website with good prices and, to protect myself against potential scam website, I used Paypal. The amazing thing is that the seller can provide a so-caled evidence from FEDEX of an actual delivery to my own address, with quite impressive details of tracing around my place... (not signed under the right name though) so my claim was cut short by Paypal saying that it was delivered !

What does it mean ? Paypal does NOT protect you when you think you are. In case the delviery is fake, you are not refunded by Paypal ! I am very impressed by the sophistication of the fraud, since FEDEX like other shipper actually are also providing fraudulent delivery evidences. And people around the world have found a profitable business model there ! Thank you Paypal to encourage them.

Last time I use PAYPAL though. If not having this purcahse protection, why using it then ?

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @Antonov,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our claim process. That's certainly not something we want to have happened. If you would like us to take another look at this case, here's a little bit about our appeal process. I hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Antonov
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Michelle, thx for the answer. The only key point you must take to your management (please) is to work hard on not being used by scammers. The fact that PayPal find excuses not to exercise the client protection is one thing, but more importantly Psypal must find a solution to stop participating to these fraud, otherwise people will really stop using PayPal ! I hope you understand what I mean. I have been PayPal user for almost a decade, and always recommend it to friends and family. But reading all the scams that are using PayPal these days… I will stop using it for myself and will not recommend anymore. PayPal is expensive in a way: this premium was acceptable taking the Protection it was including, kind of an insurance “. If PayPal is overwhelmed with scams, and start making THEIR. Clients (the honest ones, not the scammers sellers ones) then it’s the wrong way to treat the issue ! Urgent attention needed here. Or PayPal will simply lose attention and become an obsolete thing of the past… so many examples of shining stars of the internet experienced that before…
Login to Me Too

TTKristen
Contributor
Contributor

I'm dealing with this with 3 transactions that I got scammed on where a company advertised boots that were a name-brand and sent me (several weeks later) plastic boots from China - fraudulent fakes!   PayPal appears to be in cahoots with these companies because they do not honor their "Buyer Protection" statement of "significantly different item".   I will not be using PayPal for any further purchases.   

Login to Me Too

Temp20220104d
Contributor
Contributor

There seems to be a number of Chinese sellers that use PayPal as a platform to make money.  The scheme is as follows:

1. advertise a product for for a certain amount of money
  2. send a different product than what they advertised
  3. when you try to file a dispute, PayPal has you try to resolve the issue with the seller
  4. the seller offers a lesser refund (they don't even attempt to fix the problem)
  5. you refuse the lesser refund and file the complaint through PayPal
  6. PayPal demands you send the wrong product back to the seller with tracking and here is where it goes sideways.
  7. You take the package to the post office and find out it costs many times more than what you initially paid to ship the product pack to China (for example, spend $30 but cost for return shipping with tracking is $70)
  8. You activate the return shipping refund program and they tell you:

Now that you’ve joined the Return Shipping on Us program, you can submit up to 12 requests per year. We’ll reimburse you for up to $30 per request on your return shipping costs. (Notice the limited refund amount so you are potentially worse off)

8. PayPal gives no guarantee you will be reimbursed for the shipping and so you refuse to send back the wrong product

9. You don't provide proof of shipping and so PayPal closes the dispute. You are stuck with a product that is worth pennies and the seller profits off you.

10. Win for the seller as they rip you off and have PayPal provide the platform to protect their scam.

PayPal has no interest in making things right.

Login to Me Too

TTKristen
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly what I went through!   PayPal seems to be in with these scams from what I see.  I'm waiting on the resolution of 2 cases and if I don't get a refund from PayPal - I'm reporting them to BBB and canceling my account and will never use PayPal again.

Login to Me Too

dcwalker
New Community Member

DO NOT PURCHASE  FROM THIS COMPANY! They advertise as Birkenstock but are knockoffs. I am out $140.00+ because there is no remedy. Paypal won't do anything, Shixi Network Technology won't do anything, needless to say. They've got my money and I've go the crap they sent me after much delay. BUYER BEWARE.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.