Fraud: Dongguan Shunfa Logistics Co., Ltd.

Temp20211005XA
Contributor
Contributor

I placed two separate orders from two completely different websites for different products.  After payment using my Paypal account I discovered that payment for both orders was made to <Removed>.    

Both orders were shipped and when received I discovered that the items received were not as advertised.  When I contacted the company I received an email with very poor grammar.  Rather than offer to ship a replacement product they offered to give me a discount on what I paid but asked for banking information.  When I insist that they correct their mistake they claim that it is my responsibility to pay for return shipping.

I have filed a complaint for resolution with Paypal and am waiting for a response.  Looking online it appears as though this is common practice for<Removed> and basically a scam to both steal your money by shipping inferior products which are not what was ordered but then to also collect bank information.

Login to Me Too
903 REPLIES 903

SC_2
Contributor
Contributor
The only thing I got from China was seeds. PayPal originally sided WITH the scammers and have allowed them to keep my money since May! Now, finally looking into the case again! It’s fraud on PayPal’s part allowing this company to continuously do this to people, but always siding with them. They make money on every purchase, so I’m sure they’re thrilled to have hundreds of claims they have to refund.
Login to Me Too

MalamuteNY
Contributor
Contributor

That seems to be their M.O. to send something, but not the ordered item, to have a tracking number to "prove" that you received the item.

I just got an email from PayPal telling me I needed to contact my post office to get the "intranet details" on the shipment. I have no clue what the "intranet details" are, nor does my postal carrier.  There are only tracking details and they show a shipment that allegedly was delivered to me. Since the ordered product was quite sizable (collapsible portable washing machine - like an oversized salad spinner) it should have been a large box (product that was shown on the website was similar to this https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Ultrasonic-Foldable-Apartments-Business/dp/B08BP8P4HC/ref=pd_vtp_265...). I never received a box with this. There was an envelope with tissue paper and a strange gaskets with return address in Chinese, I am beginning to wonder whether that was the switch and bait package!

PayPal is still insisting I did get the washing machine....

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
You guessed correctly! That little bag was your prize from the scamsters in China. The details that PayPal wants us the history of the scans for that package. Go to the Post Office and see a supervisor or manager. They can pri t it out for you. Do you still have the original package??
Login to Me Too

MalamuteNY
Contributor
Contributor

It's actually a different package. I was able to backtrack that one. I have no clue what it is for and there is no other open order, so this one will remain a mystery package.... In the meantime I got the alleged tracking number that the vendor provided to PayPal as "proof". But the number is invalid.... Figures. 

Login to Me Too

MalamuteNY
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: I asked PayPal to provide me with the alleged tracking number. They provided it, and I went to USPS (who allegedly delivered it) to have it tracked. Guess, what, tracking number is INVALID! So where did the vendor get the information that USPS delivered the package to me??? Of course, PayPal still believes the vendor, even though I sent a message showing that the supplied tracking number is invalid.

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Your example is the reason why I reported it to the Postal Inspectors. These scam companies are accessing postal info, and using it to scam us out of money. Would there be any way you could provide this info to them(company name and tracking number)? Tell them that your post office says they are bogus tracking numbers and ask them why they can't stop it. A large number of us would be greatful!
Login to Me Too

MalamuteNY
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a report with the FTC, and I contacted NBC Investigates. They are very interested in finding out more. Since apparently, we cannot start a class action lawsuit against PayPal (as of 2012), the only thing we can do is go public. I have been posting about this on social media as well. And I contacted USPS, and received confirmation that the alleged tracking number the vendor used, showing receipt at my address, is INVALID. And guess what, all of a sudden, after three months of presenting me with phony "proofs of delivery" they received from the vendor, PayPal decided to reopen my case and refund me, because USPS "confirmed the tracking number was not a valid USPS tracking number. The tracking number [...] shows the item was returned to the sender." But for a solid three months, I was told by PayPal that I was in the wrong and the vendor had proof that I received the package. The time I wasted is worth much more than the actual payment I made, but I am now operating on principle. We need to shut down fraudulent vendors like that and force PayPal (and Facebook's advertising section) to perform better background checks on their customers (vendors), and tighten terms and conditions for THEM, rather than let us, the buyers, down. I shudder to think how much money these fraudulent companies have made from disputes like this (either for non-receipt or receipt of merchandise not even closely resembling the ordered item) because PayPal denied the claims in favor of the vendor. That PayPal continues to enable vendors like that and,  at the same time, is protected against buyers taking action against the company, is simply unacceptable. I will continue to get to the bottom of this. I am currently collecting information for the TV network segment because this collusion between entities like Facebook, PayPal, and fraudsters from China needs to be made public, even if it is just to warn people not to fall for these ads that promise everything but deliver either nothing or just crap that nobody in their right mind would even buy from a Dollar Store.

Login to Me Too

cdrollinitis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
I am very impressed with what you've done so far. I have the names of 2 other companies that I believe are just additional names. They are all the same scammers. If you want those names, let me know and I will send them to you as soon as I get back home..mid October. I hope you are giving them all the pages of complaints just on this company.
Login to Me Too

MalamuteNY
Contributor
Contributor

Recently my local NBC station ran a segment about fraudulent companies advertising on Facebook. PayPal was not named.

But I received another email from NBC Responds whether I have more information, and I am going to provide them with a timeline of my case and also include the link to this message board. Let's see what happens!

Login to Me Too

RobinSh
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think a link will work for them.  They may need an account and password to see all the information.

let us know how this goes.  Sounds good!!👍

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.