Fee in estimate. Is this scam or not?

antongdetotam
Contributor
Contributor

Person must transfer money to my PayPal account. For the job I did. I give him my account email, he sent me a screenshot with a transaction (pic.1) then I got an email with estimate (pic.2) : "We are very sorry this payment is on hold recipient won’t receive this payment until he/she has cleared the payment kindly provide the bitcoin needed $50"

antongdetotam_1-1647897797407.png

antongdetotam_0-1647897430545.png

I asked him why so, he said: 

"Manager sending it from our company PayPal and this is your first time receiving payment he said you have to get $50 bitcoin to sort the payment and the money will be available in your PayPal asap.
You have to get $50 bitcoin.""This is because it’s your first time of receiving payment you just have to get $50 bitcoin and the money will be available in your balance asap".

Questions:

1.Is this a scam?

2. Why this scheme, why I need money on my account to get the payment? It's nonsense, is it or not?

3. even if I'll get this 50$ on my account, will they be debited from account with this payment?

4. If I'll fill account on 50$ bitcoins, what the guarantees that I will get the payment at all?
4. Is this a scam?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@antongdetotam 

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@antongdetotam 

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

antongdetotam
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass , thank you for answer! You see he did not ask me to send HIM payment. He said that to get this payment I must have 50$ on account to "clear the payment" (what is that idk)
Quote: "We are very sorry this payment is on hold recipient won’t receive this payment until he/she has cleared the payment kindly provide the bitcoin needed $50". " Quote: "This is because it’s your first time of receiving payment you just have to get $50 bitcoin and the money will be available in your balance asap"

antongdetotam_0-1647900544496.png

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@antongdetotam 

Its a scam, if you don't believe me then go ahead and pay but you will never see any payment in your paypal balance, your call.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

antongdetotam
Contributor
Contributor

Even if it's invoice on paypal website?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @antongdetotam,

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

As @kernowlass has stated, this certainly sounds fraudulent. You will never be asked to make a payment to have funds released. In regards to the invoice, anyone is able to send an invoice using PayPal. You can view how an invoice is created by visiting our Help Center article: How do I create and send an invoice?

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

shalala187
New Community Member

Hi i also had a similar situation . What did you end up doing ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.