Fast Outboard Fraud

smagg
New Community Member

IRHFAN <removed> +6 Transaction amount $1,807.00 USD Transaction ID 3HJ764254N031381D Invoice ID WC-9461  I ordered an outboard motor from Fast Outboard. When I got the order conformation it did not show it was electric start so I canceled the order. They sent email saying it was electric start. and showed it was shipped by Lion Express and asked that I cancel dispute. I contacted tracking on Lion Express and they showed it had shipped and they had it.   So I cancelled dispute. A week later Lion express said they did not have it. They never shipped it, when I tried to file a dispute for not getting it, Pay Pal says there is nothing they can do, since I cancelled the dispute even though the dispute was for wrong item and I wanted to file for fraud not shipping it and fake shipping papers. Pay Pal still allows Fast Outboard to continue to defraud people and will not even contact the people committing the fraud.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

outboardmotor
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue. Fake shipping documents. Supposedly shipped via Garuda Air Cargo. I saw a tracking number and followed it to South Africa then the tracking number disappeared 5 days before the engine is supposed to arrive. Now there is no contact, no response, and a permanent email failure. I have contacted PayPal and opened a dispute no yesterday, April 04 2021.

Login to Me Too

Yamanto123
New Community Member

I believe I have been taken for a ride as well.  Were you successful in getting your money back.  

Login to Me Too

Fastfraud
Contributor
Contributor
I was after calling PayPal and filing a claim thank goodness. Just surprised that PayPal continues to let them fraudulently operate..
Login to Me Too

SIB0303
Contributor
Contributor
Had this problem this past spring. DO NOT DO IT! They almost got me. I was hooked and on the line, as they say. I made the purchase of a merc. 9.9 motor. I’ll hang my pride if it helps someone else out. It’s not that the price was to good to be true, it’s that it was just in my price range while the others were just outside of my price range. So I acted on impulse and that is what they bank on “impulse”. Quick rundown before purchase. legit address on google maps, email and contact number, short history of company on website, explanation of shipping procedures, secure web site, one scam tracking website saying “probably legit” and accepts PayPal . But after purchase something just didn’t feel right, it was the way everything was worded on the website and in confirmation emails it seemed like a poor translation, being from Norway and all, that’s what I thought it was. Then quickly a bad gut feeling kicked in, closer look at google maps showed it’s a residence not warehouse. PDF file of fake invoice, false tracking number, Garuda air cargo freight company (not real), and email to the company to cancel order was immediately bounced back to me undeliverable, I was scammed (thinking about it still makes me sick). I contacted my bank (to stop payment) and PayPal. Both told me I had to wait for the transaction to clear and ask the seller for a refund. I explained the company does not exist (no way to contact them) and both bank and PayPal repeated the above response. By Gods grace the transaction never went through. Maybe PayPal recognized them? Not sure. Sorry about the long reply. I hope it is helpful.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.