False chargebacks ruining paypal

DzLove
Contributor
Contributor

Like title says,
Lately there is type of scam where customer uses vpn to login into his paypal account then buy from you , once deal is done after a day he will turn off vpn and open chargeback says that someone hack him.
funny thing had one customer did this to me twice and he one both of them even though i provided full evidence to paypal still no luck.

my friend even tested it on him self and it worked , in PayPal support agent head the customer is always right 
This is ridiculous

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @DzLove,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! I see that you've answered another person's post and that's really awesome. Thank you for giving back to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that there were situations where someone opened a chargeback against you and you believe that the chargeback was opened under false pretenses. When there are trends of behavior like the one that you mention, PayPal does investigate that and take measures to fight against it. While it can be difficult to prove on an individual basis in a situation like you describe, trends become apparent and repercussions are felt when the trend is detected. Every report we receive helps us narrow our focus to finding these trends. Appealing a decision with the information you have is helpful to eradicating the fraud.

As per the PayPal User Agreement, using a VPN or any anonymizing proxy to access PayPal is not permitted. I recommend that your friend discontinue doing so, as PayPal may detect that as we investigate a fraud trend, and an account limitation may be the result. 

I hope this information helps.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @DzLove,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! I see that you've answered another person's post and that's really awesome. Thank you for giving back to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that there were situations where someone opened a chargeback against you and you believe that the chargeback was opened under false pretenses. When there are trends of behavior like the one that you mention, PayPal does investigate that and take measures to fight against it. While it can be difficult to prove on an individual basis in a situation like you describe, trends become apparent and repercussions are felt when the trend is detected. Every report we receive helps us narrow our focus to finding these trends. Appealing a decision with the information you have is helpful to eradicating the fraud.

As per the PayPal User Agreement, using a VPN or any anonymizing proxy to access PayPal is not permitted. I recommend that your friend discontinue doing so, as PayPal may detect that as we investigate a fraud trend, and an account limitation may be the result. 

I hope this information helps.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

DzLove
Contributor
Contributor

Hello olivia, Its my pleasure to help others no problem at all 
Also thank you a lot for the helpful answer.
So far my experience has been so good with paypal and I'm really happy about it.
I was able to gather more information to support my claim that the client is doing false chargebacks I really hope paypal support accepts, I just wanted to raise attentions about these false chargebacks since many people talking about it on reddit.

Login to Me Too

AJL43
New Community Member

I believe this has just happened to me, i sold an item the buyer paid on paypal, then did a chargeback through their bank account. Paypal has gone in the favour of the buyer, so i dont have my item and have to pay paypal over £500. how is this fair?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @AJL43

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've recently experienced a chargeback on your account. Unfortunately, while a chargeback and PayPal dispute seem similar, they do have different processes and protections for our sellers. If you encounter a chargeback, the most you can do is provide PayPal with the best information possible, which we then forward to the debit / credit card company for a decision made by them. We'll do our best to keep you informed and forward all the information you provide us, but the best way to win a chargeback is take all the steps you possibly can to avoid them. 

My apologies for the inconvenience this caused. Good luck on your future transactions!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.