Fake website paypal fraud

DRL79
Contributor
Contributor

I found a lawn spreader for sale at Yardworks.shop The site appears to be legitimate so I didn't have any concerns until after the payment was sent through paypal. After completing the Paypal payment I was not redirected back to the webpage, at this point I had the sick feeling I was just scammed out of 90.00 so I started researching the website. The business address does not seem to exist and has been linked to other shady businesses including Keenonlineshop.com. There is no business contact phone number or email address. A search about Yardworks.com brings up scam warnings and the payment was sent to a Lindsay _____ who appears to live outside the USA. Within 30 minutes of the money leaving my account and what I found in my searches I opened a dispute with Paypal describing my findings, I followed it up the next day with a call to the dispute center and I was assured I would be getting my money back I just needed to wait for Paypal to review the payment. Today I received an email stating the following We've completed our review of your unauthorized activity case, and we’ve determined there was no unauthorized use.
This person also set the payment up as Friends & Family which I didn't realize until I reviewed my Paypal payments. I replied to an email sent from the socalled website and it bounced back as undeliverable .I have not received the spreader or any tracking info and do not believe any is coming. Where do I go from here ?2.jpg5.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DRL79 

Always best to research before buying online, loads of scam websites out threre.

Secondly a dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction....which of course it was.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal and see if they will open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Lastly if the payment was going to be friends/family the payment link would have a tick box to mark it as goods/services for your buyer protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.