Fake transfers

Dora07
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Help me please… someone try to getting money from me with a following message… someone had a same issue?! “The total sum of 95,500:00 HUF that was transferred to you by Patricia <removed>has been fully deducted from the payee's account which includes the Transportation/Delivery Charges and is ready to be transferred into your own account, but before the transaction can be finalized you would have to pay the Transport Charges to the Transport Agent. In order to complete this transaction and get the funds credited into your account, you have to go to your closest Bitcoin and transfer the excess sum of 30,500:00 HUF to the Transport Agent and send us a Scanned Copy/Photograph of your Bitcoin Transaction Receipt (in .JPG Format). Below is a step by step way of sending the money to the bearer:. 1. You can make the purchase bitcoin online with your credit card from your phone or Computer.. 2. Going to buy.moonpay.io then click on Buy Bitcoin Core With your Card (BTC Bitcoin) after which you will select the amount you want to purchase in eur 3.Fill all necessary Detail requested on the next page and then click on next to put in your card details and confirm the payment.. 4. Once you get back to us with the confirmation of your payment then we will verify and credit your account immediately.. The shipping agent Bitcoin Wallet where the payment will be made to again is as follows:....”

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dora07 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

They don't quibble on cost and may also say they can't view the item as they are disabled or working abroad or sending as a gift to a family member but they will arrange a shipping agent or courier to collect it.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

The fake paypal email will tell you that the buyer has paid for the item + shipping costs but you must send those shipping costs to the courier/ shipping agent via another payment processor than Paypal or by providing some vouchers or tokens before the funds are released to you.
They are often not interested in the item, they just want that couriers/shipping funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service eg Moneygram, Western Union, Bank Transfer, Bitcoin or any sort of gift token or voucher.
There is no seller protection on paypal for any type of item that is collected by the buyer.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dora07
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much for the answer!!!
Login to Me Too

Lara67
New Community Member
Thanks your answer!! What can I do if I follow the direction and send money? Is there anyway to track back or withdraw it? Thanks your answer.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.