Fake tracking number provided in the the dispute

pmcfarling

I purchased a pool slide off Ebay. Shipping weight per the manufacturer is 200lbs. UPS Ground will only take up to 150lbs. Seller initially gave a tracking number but it never showed as picked up. I immediately got suspicious when I saw it was being shipped UPS Ground as it's too big and overweight for that. Contacted eBay and PayPal and expressed my concern. Tracking number provided said the package was 0.1lb only about 199.9lbs shy of being the slide I ordered. The order was on 6/27 at 10:27 PM. Then on 07/01 The tracking number on eBay changed to an item that showed delivered on 6/29 to the city I lived in. But, I never received anything. The package that was delivered per UPS was 9.9lbs and it was shipped 12 hours before I made the purchase on eBay. PayPal just keeps telling me to wait wait wait. Ebay says they are holding the funds and they have already removed the sellers account for fraud. But I'm still out the better part of 2 grand, the internet says PayPal sides with a seller if they provide a tracking number to the same city you live in. This is obvious fraud. 1. He couldn't have sent a 200lb slide via UPS ground as the max they accept is 150lbs. 2. The shipment on the bogus tracking was 12 hours  before I even started looking for a slide. 3. The weight on the bogus tracking was 190.1 lbs below the advertised weight of the slide. Should I be concerned? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pmcfarling 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed IF YOU LOSE IT, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.